Chapter 14 - The Final Battle

Shouto's POV:

"... I have a proposal to make," Endeavor said with an annoyingly satisfied smirk on his lips, everyone's attention now on him, "why don't we settle this with a fight?".

"Like hell we will..." I growled right back at him as I kept my hand on Midoriya's shoulder, keeping him by my side. Midoriya had gone silent as soon as Endeavor had threatened us and so had I, his threat wasn't to be taken lightly.

"And why is that?" Endeavor then asked as he crossed his arms and glared at me, "do you think I'll cheat?" He then asked as a result of our silence. Of course you'll cheat you scumbag... I thought and couldn't help baring my fangs for a moment.

"I'll be kind and explain it to you. We'll fight in a two vs. two, me and Rin against the two of you. Weapons will be provided for us humans and nekos will fight in whichever form they want, but you guys can't use any weapons. Sounds fair, right Midoriya?" Endeavor said as all eyes were on Midoriya. Midoriya didn't reply, instead, he just kept his gaze focused on his feet.

"There's nothing fair in that..!" I decided to reply for Midoriya as I tightened my hold a bit on his shoulder, seemingly bringing him back to reality as he turned his head and looked at me.

"Rin, give the boi a zap." Endeavor then spit out the cold, emotionless order as I instantly turned my glare to Rin, watching him reach into his pocket for the remote.

"RIN I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU--" I yelled as I leaped towards him to try and snatch the remote from his hands, but I was stopped by Midoriya's painful scream as all my hair stood on edge.

"NO!!!" I quickly turned and saw Midoriya, tears running down his face, eyes widened and mouth open as his scream echoed throughout the basement, "STOP IT!! RIN, STOP!!" I yelled as I turned my glare to Rin, murderous intent filling my gaze as Rin looked to Endeavor before stopping the electrical shock.

Midoriya's screams stopped the exact instant that Rin had let go of the button on the remote as I turned and quickly reached out to Midoriya. I caught him in my arms as he couldn't keep standing, his eyes closed as he gasped for air.

"Midoriya..?! A-Are you okay..? Shh... Try and take slow and deep breaths, I'm here..." I tried to calm him down as he clung to me as if his life depended on it. He was silent but the tears still fell slowly one after the other.

"So, how does that fight sound to you now?" Endeavor asked, his expression and tone of voice unfaced by what had just happened. I didn't look at him, my attention was solely on Midoriya as I tried to help him calm down. His body was still warm and trembling as an aftereffect of the shock torture.

"I'm sorry, this was my fault, I shouldn't have protested against him..." I apologized through telepathy as I couldn't keep upright and slowly sat down on the floor, Midoriya leaning against my chest as I placed my head on top of his.

"... Y-You just p-proved to us that there's n-nothing stopping you from... Cheating a-and killing us in that fight... Y-You're proposing a fight to the d-death... Aren't you..?" Midoriya suddenly said as his glare locked on Endeavors. I raised my head and glared at Endeavor for a moment before turning my glare to Rin.

Rin was standing by the wall now, keeping his distance from us as he held the remote in his left hand. I noticed how he wasn't trying to kill Midoriya anymore and how he actually looked displeased with his display of violence.

"A fight to the death can be arranged if that's what you want." Endeavor said as I felt Midoriya's body tense up a bit, "But a death match would be a waste of young potential, don't you think? I gain nothing by killing you anymore." Endeavor said as Midoriya turned his head to look at him.