Chapter 17 - Intrusion

~ The next morning ~

Midoriya's POV:

It's been a long time since I have last woken up so many times during one night... I thought as I gently stroked Shouto's hair. Shouto has jolted awake in cold sweat multiple times, fever, and nausea. He said it's just nightmares, but he doesn't want to talk with me about it. 

His hold around my waist has been the biggest reason for my lack of sleep, however. Each and every time he was in pain or was having a nightmare, he would tighten his hold enough to wake me up.

Luckily he is sleeping calmly now, his breathing steady and the fever has laid off a little, giving him the opportunity to rest properly. I should prepare some water for him... And a nice breakfast as well... I thought as I slowly and very quietly sneaked out of bed, somehow managing not to wake him up. 

As I walked into the kitchen, my gaze landed upon the roses Shouto had given me a couple of days ago. They were holding up nicely in their spot on the dinner table we never use. We always each our meals on the couch while watching TV. 

"Okay... I'm thinking... Scrambled eggs..." I mumbled quietly as I took out the eggs from the fridge, observing what else I have available, "With furikake... Yeah, that should do nicely, he liked it a lot last time I made it..." I smiled a little at the memory of his delighted expression as he had eaten it.

"... And maybe I can go buy the ingredients I need to make cold soba for dinner..." I thought out loud as I found all the ingredients I need for making breakfast. 

I then proceeded to find a bowl and whisk the eggs, cream, coconut aminos, and sesame oil together as the butter slowly melted on the pan. Once done, I poured the egg combination on the pan and constantly stirred it for a couple of minutes, the delicate smell of frying eggs filling the kitchen. 

"Midoriya..?" I then heard Shouto quietly call out with a hoarse voice as I turned around, seeing him walk out of the bedroom with an exhausted expression. 

"I'm in the kitchen," I said as he turned his face and smiled a little, walking to me and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, "did I wake you up..?" I asked as he planted a soft kiss on my cheek. 

"Nah... I woke up a couple of minutes ago and saw you weren't there anymore. I was just checking if you had left for work already..." Shouto said as he rested his chin on my shoulder, his voice still hoarse.

"I'm staying home with you today." I said with a small smile as I took the pan off the heat and divided the eggs out on two plates, topping it with furikake. 

"Really..?" Shouto asked as I turned around and gave him the plate, watching his hunger grow a little, "but what about work? Don't you have to go like you always do?" Shouto then asked, his eyes filled with confusion and joy at the same time. 

"I asked Mr. Aizawa to give me the day off, so I can stay here and take care of you." I said and kissed him softly, which he immediately returned with great interest, making me giggle a bit. 

"Easy now hot stuff, food and water now, then more rest. Okay?" I said in a sweet tone as Shouto backed up a bit with a small pout.

"Okay..." He mumbled as he took a big sip of his water as we walked to the couch and sat down. The TV was playing that wedding dress show again, it just started a new marathon again last week and it's honestly kind of relaxing to watch. 

"Awww that dress is so beautiful..!" I said and smiled as I watched the TV, "Don't you think it's pretty Shouto?!" I said enthusiastically and turned to look at Shouto who was currently stuffing his face with scrambled eggs.