Chapter 10 - The Fear Within

Midoriya's POV:

"Midoriya... Wake up!" A voice called out to me, annoying me a little. I felt cold, and my body was incredibly sore for some reason, "Have you been waiting here all night?" the voice continued as I felt someone shake me back and forth. 

"Hnngg stooop itttt....." I mumbled tiredly and sluggishly shrugged their hands off of me, my back hitting the wall, making me open my eyes for a moment. I caught a glimpse of black hair before my eyes were closed once again. 

Black hair... Rin?!?! I thought and jolted up, my arms raised to guard myself against an incoming attack, but none came. 

"Woah! Easy now! It's just me, you remember me right? We met yesterday inside the clinic." The voice said and placed a hand on my right arm, making me lower my guard a bit and finally meet her eyes.

"Yaoyorozu..?" I muttered, a little confused as my heart rate got under control again. She just smiled at me and stood up.

"Glad to see you've decided to once again join us in the world of the living Midoriya, let me ask you again then, have you been waiting here all night?" Yaoyorozu said and extended her hand down to me, offering to help me stand up. 

That's when I realized that I was sitting on the ground, back against the wall. That explains the soreness in my body and why I'm so cold... I thought and took her hand as she helped me up. 

"... I guess so... Are you opening up the clinic now? Can I see him?" I quickly changed the subject as I brushed off some dirt.

"Yeah, follow me!" Yaoyorozu said enthusiastically as I quickly did as she said and followed her inside the clinic, "Dr. Haru hasn't arrived yet, she's currently stuck in traffic, but when she arrives she'll run a couple of tests on Todoroki to make sure everything is still going according to plan!" She said and just kept smiling calmly as she led me down the hallway.

"Here we are, he inside cage no. 3, you can open the cage and pet him in you want, just be careful not to move anything, alright?" Yaoyorozu said and opened the door for me. 

"Alright..!" I said and instantly felt calmer when I caught a glimpse of Todoroki. I quickly entered the room and walked up to cage no. 3 as Yaoyorozu had instructed. There he was, right here in front of me once again. He's sleeping and he looks so calm now... I thought and almost teared up a little from relief. 

Yaoyorozu then closed the door and went back to manage the front desk. I silently opened the cage, doing my best not to wake him up. I didn't want his peaceful state to be interrupted after all. 

I was happy to see that the size of this cage was about seven times the size of Todoroki in his current form. It wasn't cold and cramped like the one he was held prisoner in at the arena, instead, it had a nice fluffy blanket, lots of space and a water bowl and food bowl. 

His neck and legs were covered in bandages, but they were clean, neatly wrapped and not bloodstained for once. I couldn't help but slowly reach out and gently pet him. His body is so warm... Still having a fever then, but not as severe as yesterday... I thought and smiled a little, he's slowly getting better.

"... What do we do now Todoroki..? We can't go home... It would be too obvious, and they've probably already set up some kind of trap for us... We need a new hideout of some sort... And we need to leave Tokyo as soon as we can, Endeavor's arena is only a few kilometers away so if we stay here it'll only be a matter of time before..." I thought out loud, a small sigh escaping me as I watched his body rise and fall calmly with every breath. 

Maybe we could stay with a friend of mine until the danger is over and I figure out what to do..? I thought and grabbed a chair behind me, sitting down and resuming the gentle caressing. I carefully rubbed small circles on his ear because I know he likes it when I do that.