Chapter 15 - Execution

Midoriya's POV:

Musutafu's nightlife was as calm and quiet as I remembered it, nothing at all Tokyo's and Toyama's loud and dangerous nightlife. Shouto was walking beside me, our fingers intertwined.

I glanced at him secret, watching his calm, exhausted expression. He looked like he could fall asleep, while walking, at any moment now. I couldn't possibly relate more, it had been a very long day and so much had happened. It's exhausting.

As we turned a left turn around a familiar corner, my apartment block came into view. It's almost a little nostalgic to finally be home... I thought and let out a small relieved sigh, we can finally return to normal everyday life...

"Midoriya?" Shouto said quietly and calmly as he ran his thumb in small gentle circles on my hand, making me look up at him as I hummed a 'yeah?' in response. Shouto just silently looked at me as we stopped walking, now standing at the foot of the stairs leading up my apartment.

He had this calmness almost radiating off him, his eyes overflowing with affection and relief as I'm sure he had realized it too. We're free, we're almost home and we can finally relax.

I couldn't help but smile a little as I then slowly reached up, letting Shouto see my hand and figure out my intention as he leaned down a little, allowing me to sneak my hand under the hood on his hoodie and gently stroke his hair and cat ears.

Shouto's eyes slowly closed and I could hear the quiet purrs coming from him, even though I knew he was trying to stop them as usual.

"Did you wanna say something?" I then asked after a moment as Shouto opened his eyes and slowly shook his head.

"... It's nothing, don't worry about it." Shouto whispered as he leaned a little closer to my face. His oval cat-like pupils dialating, almost drowning out the colors of his irises.

I slowly let my hand trail down from his left ear to his cheek as I rose to meet him in the middle as he gently and affectionately rubbed his nose against mine. I let out a small giggle before kissing his lips softly, which he didn't hesitate to participate in.

"Wait... Midoriya..?" A familiar voice suddenly said, as I opened my eyes and looked in the direction the voice had come from, "is that you?!" the person then said as they started making their way towards us.

Shouto's purring instantly stopped as he was quick to pull out of the kiss and instead step in front of me, holding out his arm to keep me back.

"Shouto wait I recognize that voice!" I said and grabbed his arm, gently pushing it down as Shouto didn't try to resist my request.

"I recognize his scent, I've smelled it on you multiple times before." Shouto said through telepathy as he stepped aside, adjusting his hood a bit to make sure his ears were covered.

"Oh my god! You're okay!?" Kirishima yelled as he threw his arms around me and hugged me, "dude! Where have you been?! Vanishing like that ain't manly at all!!" Kirishima scolded me as he stepped back, but kept a firm grip on my shoulders, shaking me back and forth.

"K-Kirishima stop shaking me please..!" I said and laughed a little, feeling truly happy to see a friendly face again. Kirishima hesitated but stopped shaking me.

"Then answer me dude! Where on earth have you been?! Aizawa is pissed! I was worried as fuck!" Kirishima said and for once there was no smile to be seen on his face.

"I uhm--"

"SHUT UP AND GO TO BED! IT'S THE MIDDLE OF THE GODDAMN NIGHT!!" Someone suddenly yelled from an apartment across the street, making me and Kirishima jump a little in surprise, but Shouto just stood there, observing us quietly, his hood pulled forward a bit, hiding his face a little.