Chapter 3 - Bloodrush

Todoroki's POV:

Midoriya's hand is so warm and soft... I thought, my gaze continuing to dwell on our intertwined hands as we walked together. He said that we're going to the mall to shop for food and clothing for me so I can be in my real form. It's not that this form is uncomfortable in any way and I like the way Midoriya looks at me in this form, so there's no reason for him to stress around to find all this stuff for me.  

But I want to go with him wherever he goes and if he had left without me again I think I would've gone insane. I know many of the things I do and things that I have enjoyed lately is because of his blood, it has done unusual things to both my mind and my body.

I've allowed him to see me at my most vulnerable more than once and I'm able to let my guard down completely as soon as he's around.

His blood also had a big impact on our earlier discussion about me staying or not. I had felt as the remainings of his blood had begun to rush inside my veins and I had felt how much I wanted to stay with him.

"You're not cold, are you?" Midoriya asked, breaking the silence between us as I turned my gaze from his hand and up to his eyes. He was looking down at me with this caring look and a calm smile that was incredibly soothing, but yet again, I know it's all because of the blood.

"Just a little, but I'll manage." I said monotonously as I turned my gaze forward on the road ahead of us. It's a little chilly out here, but Midoriya didn't have any jackets small enough to fit me.

I then suddenly felt something big and warm around me as I looked to see Midoriya's jacket hanging loosely around me.

"What are you--?" I began but got cut off as soon as I had opened my mouth to protest.

"I'm letting you borrow my jacket until we get to the mall, your body is smaller so you'll get cold faster than I will." Midoriya made his argument and I couldn't deny it was true what he was saying, but it still didn't feel right to just steal his jacket from him.

"... I said I'll manage..." I said and looked him in the eye with a stern look. Midoriya's gaze was playful yet protective and his smile didn't bunch an inch.

"And I said you'll borrow that," He said and tightened his hold on my hand a bit, "you've just recovered, that means you're the most vulnerable to get a cold again now. I don't want that to happen cause I'm the one I want you to be able to depend on, how could you trust me and depend on me if I'd let you get sick again so early after recovering?" Midoriya said as he turned his gaze back in the road.

I followed his example and looked forward as well as I held the jacket around me with my right hand so it wouldn't fall nor touch the filthy ground.

"Look mom..! That boy has animal ears on top of his head!" My eyes and ears snapped right in the direction of the little boy who had cheered out in curious amazement. He was pulling on his mother's arm as he was drawing some amount of attention to him, which then naturally fell on Midoriya and me.

"It looks like there's a tail coming out from under that huge jacket too..." Another bystander commented not too far from the boy and his mother as I quickly moved my tail up under the jacket, away from sight.

"Are those real?" A girl that seemed about the same age as me and Midoriya asked what I assumed to be her boyfriend as she tugged on his shirt, a hint of hesitation and fear in her eyes.

Soon enough all eyes were on me and I didn't like this newfound attention towards me as I let out a warning hiss and showed off my fangs to try and keep them away.

"They sure look real to me..."

"What is that thing..?"

"Did you hear that inhuman sound it made!?"