Chapter 16 - The Limit

~ Time Skip - One Month ~ 

Shouto's POV: 

Everything seems peaceful as usual... I thought as I calmly made my way from roof to roof, observing the area. There was a lot of people out on the street today, a group of young students with their two teachers peaking my interest above the rest. 

"Look! There's a kitty up there!" One of the children said with excitement and pointed up at me. Seems I've been spotted as well. 

"Meoww!" I meowed and stopped walking, instead stretching a bit as I then laid down on the roof top and calmly looked down at them. 

"It's so pretty!"

"Look at it's fur sensei!" 

"That's truly unusual, it must be a rare type of catbreed for the colors to divide so perfectly..." One of the teachers said and observed me with a lot of fascination in her eyes. 

"Sensei? What does divide mean?" One of the kids asked as the teacher explained it with a smile. 

"Here kitty kitty kitty..!" I looked down to see a small girl calling out to me as she reached up her hands and grab me, but wasn't nearly tall enough. 

"Mroww..." I meowed, dissatisfied, warning her to back off. They can look, but never touch... I thought as I stood up again, watching her hands still trying to reach me. Midoriya is the only one I'll willingly allow to touch me. 

"Come now Miruko, I don't think it wants to play with you." The other teacher said as he walked over and grabbed 'Miruko's' hand, leading her back to the group of children. It wasn't long before they had all moved on. 

Great, now I can continue my patrol... I thought and easily lept onto the next roof. I've been patrolling the area around the apartment every day for a long time now, constantly being on the look out for potential danger, but everything has been more or less calm. 

Of course, there was a lot of trouble for me in the beginning. Turned out I had predicted right about Rin having every cat in Japan on look out for us. Many of them didn't heard the news, and tried to attack me on sight. 

I simply taught them their place and told them to spread the news over the network. It wasn't long after that, that Rin officially called off the bounty he had put on us. 

Peace is nice, don't get me wrong here... I thought as I let out a small sigh, but I'm used to everything being hectic and dangerous... Peace is a little boring... I thought and felt bad for even thinking it after Midoriya fought so hard for me, but I couldn't help it. 

On top of that... I thought as I turned left, heading back towards the apartment, I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days... Like small cases of nausea and headaches, but never for a longer period of time. 

I was feeling it a little today as well, but nothing I couldn't handle, nor something Midoriya needs to know or worry about. Speaking of Midoriya, he should be home soon as well! I thought and smiled a little bit as I instinctively sped up a bit, almost running from roof top to roof top. 

Midoriya have been working almost every single day for a month now, this Aizawa guy really isn't going easy on him. Midoriya is always exhausted when he gets home, but he still insists on cooking every night and puts a lot of energy into making sure I'm happy. 

I want to do something nice for him in return... I thought as my gaze travelled down on the streets again, catching a glimpse of a small flower shop. 

Midoriya's POV:

"Shouto, I'm home..!" I called out as I opened the door and stepped into the apartment. All the lights were turned off and the window in the living room was opened a little. Wait, he's still out? He's normally always home before me and comes rushing to greet me... I thought and closed the door behind me, taking off my shoes and walking further inside.