Chapter 8 - Euthanasia

Midoriya's POV:

I had tried my very best to stay quiet as the fight had gone on, only getting worse and worse. I was still having a nervous breakdown, tears, and snot getting everywhere as I covered my mouth with my right hand, so no one would notice.

I was holding onto the pillar I was hiding by with my left hand, as to try and stop myself from jumping down there. H-He's dying... That wolf tried to kill him... I thought and tried to hold back a sob.

They had removed Katsuki by force, using chains and sedation, dragging him out of the arena as he fought to go back and finish Todoroki. Everyone was cheering so loud that it hurt my eardrums when the speakers announced Katsuki as the winner. I didn't care about who won anymore, now all that mattered was to somehow make sure Todoroki would be okay.

Everyone then suddenly began to stand up and leave, as the fight was over. They were blocking my view of Todoroki, I couldn't see him.

"E-Excuse me..." I tried my best to act polite as I kept my head low and pushed my way through the excited crowd. How can they all be so happy and excited about what we've all just witnessed..!? I thought, feeling my anger boiling inside.

As I made my way through, I caught a glimpse of what was going on down in the arena. A guard had entered the arena, he ruthlessly grabbed Todoroki by his already bloody and torn up neck. That was the first time in my life, where I can truly say I wanted to punch someone.

It made my freeze in place, watching him treat Todoroki's injured body as if he was some kind of broken, old ragdoll. That's it... I thought as I clenched my fists and walked towards the edge on the spectator's rows.

"You..." I almost growled it out but was then sent off-balance as someone accidentally bumped into me.

"Oh! My apologies." A man seeming to be somewhere around his twenties said as he reached his hand out to me, kindly offering to help me up from the floor. I blinked my eyes a couple of times as confusion set in and I felt all my fighting spirit leave my body.

"Seems none of us were watching where we were going, are you alright?" He looked concerned now because I hadn't answered him. How can all the people I talk to here be so kind, yet they come to watch such horrible fights? I was puzzled by this, but carefully smiled up at him and took his hand.

"Thank you, I apologize as well..." I apologized and quickly brushed the dust off my clothes.

"The exit is this way." The man then said with a smile as he gave my back a nudge, helping me along the way.

"B-But--"

"They're closing off the great hall soon, we'd better take our leave before that, or we'll just get in Endeavor's way." Said the man with a joking tone, but we both knew that he meant it. He was obviously trying to convince me to follow him. I shot one last glance back over my shoulder, to see that Todoroki was gone.

I felt my heart stop as the hair rose on my arms and neck, a chill running down my spine. Where did he go..!? I thought, turning my head in every direction, trying to catch a glimpse of him again, but to no avail.

My heart then started racing as I started panicking. I didn't see where they took him... I lost him again... I thought, my entire body shaking as I silently started to hyperventilate a bit.

Before I knew it, everyone including me had exited the arena. Everyone was chatting lively with smiles on their faces, waving the results of their bets around proudly. I feel cold... I thought as I stood there, completely frozen in place in the middle of the giant room.