Chapter 11 - The Point Of No Return

Midoriya's POV:

"Todoroki... Please, open your eyes..." I'm currently on my knees beside the bed, holding his paw and begging for him to wake up, but he wasn't opening his eyes. 

"Todo, please... Y-You're scaring me!" I cried out with my face shoved down in the blankets, "t-this is taking too long..! Haru said you should've been awake by now but you're not and... A-And..." I remembered that she had told me to give her a call and come back to Tokyo if he doesn't wake up, but right now I'm scared that if we go back to Tokyo, we'll get captured. 

"... Please wake up... I need your help..." I said and raised my head from the blankets, glancing at his sleeping face. He's not hearing me at all... I thought and gently rubbed circles on his paw with my thumb.

"I don't want to return to Tokyo, I've been seeing Rin everywhere, it's scaring me and I don't know what's happening in my head but I just know he's there... He's out there right now just waiting for us to walk right into his trap..." I mumbled and gently ran my fingers through his fur, he's so warm... I thought and gently caressed his cheek. His fever had gone down a lot, and it wasn't as severe as before, but he was definitely still sick. 

"Todoroki... I'll do anything, anything you want, if you just wake up... No, just give me a sign that... T-That you're still here with me..! I-I'm so worried about you..!" I said carefully picked him up, holding him close to me as I rested my head on top of his, messing up his neatly sorted fur a little. 

We've been staying at the hotel for roughly three days now and Todoroki still hasn't shown any signs of waking up, damn, any signs of life at all. Except breathing and letting me give him the medicine and water.

It's not the first time I've gotten a breakdown like this one and thrown myself at his feet, begging him to wake up and return to me. It probably isn't the last time either. I know it isn't doing anything helpful, but there's nothing else I can do right now. 

"You're... Not alone..." I had been wondering for so long if he was able to hear me somehow, that's why I've begun to sing and hum small lullabies for him whenever I would feel the way I'm feeling right now. 

"There's no doubt..." I sang the words quietly, almost whispering them to him, "Your gift... Isn't futile to be... If we'll be united... We're stronger... Together..." I whispered as I gently put him back down on the bed, sitting down beside him and gently sorting out his fur again after I messed it up a little.

"We always have the high hope... Not all for one, but one for all..." I finished sorting his fur, but didn't move away from him. I took a small break to look at him and catch my breath before carefully laying down next to him, watching him with a loving gaze. 

"... Don't worry 'bout a thing, I'll reach out to you... Even it's a harder way, it's plain to see the reason why... Oh, that's all because o-of the mighty h-heart..." My voice was beginning to tremble a little again, the last few words almost inaudible as a single tear fell.

"... Remember it's just... Natural t-that... I'll be h-here... If you need help..." The words wouldn't form properly anymore, causing me to stop singing and just hum the rest of the melody for him. 

~ Time skip - four hours ~ 

I never got up from the bed again, I didn't want to move away from him, but I was getting hungry again and it was soon time to give him his evening medicine as well. 

I hesitantly sat up on the bed, looking down upon his small body and stroking his fur one last time before getting up and grabbing a cup with noodles. Time to go get some boiling water from the kitchen... I thought and unlocked the door to the room.