Chapter 36

Lexi's POV

It's the day before St.Patrick's day. I'm going to see the parade with my squad. It will be the first time since my mom had me do Irish step dance when I was 8. It was that or ballet and I hate tutus. I saw a group do hip-hop and that's when I decided to do hip-hop.

 I like St. Patrick's day not only 'cause I'm Irish but my parents go to an adults only party and the little kids have there own. That leaves my friends and I to do what ever we want. What do we do on a big drinking holiday? You can guess.

Today is a Monday. Ugh! I hate Mondays, but we have tomorrow off. I am sitting in Trig right now.I hate math. We are just playing games because we have a substitute. I pull out my phone and play Trivia Crack. I get a text from an unfamiliar number.

#: hey its jake can liam stay @ ur house 

L: how did u get my #

J: drew so

L: sure

I will have to tell Drew not to give out my number. I pack up my things and head to history. We play history battle ship. I don't pay attention. Why should I care about Britain in the 1800s.  I think I zone out because the next thing I know the bell is ringing. I go to chorus. We watch part of The Sound of Music. In art we are making album art for our favorite CD. 

I am making art for 1989. At 2:30 I clean up. At 2:35 I head home. I change into camo short shorts, a black crop top, and black combat boots. Drew is getting a ride from a friend. I put on my hat that says Devil. I am trying to find my sunglasses when the door bell rings. I open the door. Jake looks shocked. 

"Hey Lexi!" Drew says. He and Liam run up to his room.

"Explain." Is all Jake says. 

"Let's go upstairs." I say. We walk upstairs to my room. I close the door.

"Where should I begin?" I ask.

"The beginning."

"When I was 16 my dad was stationed in England. He wasn't physically there most of the time. One day he went MIA along with my friends dads. we were fine  for a few days. One day we had enough. We got in our cars which were older versions of the cars we race now. We drove not caring we ended up at a stop light waiting next to street racers. We didn't know that at the time. They told us to follow them and we did. That was the first time we raced. Over time we got better we learned how to fight and started fighting. We liked to dance so we did that to. Since we were almost family people thought we were a gang. We basically were."

 "Okay, why are so feared?" 

"We beat some of the best fighters."

"Does your Dad know?"

"Yes, we helped take down a gang that was working with terrorist."

"Really?"

"No, they were killing soldiers if they didn't have money for drugs. That is another story though."

 "Cool"

"You good?"

"Yeah a lot to take in but I should have known. You racing tonight?"

"Yes"

"Friends?"

"Friends."

"Let's go."

"Okay"