Chapter 40

Jake's POV

I run downstairs because I smell bacon. When I walk into the kitchen I see a half dressed Lexi poring a glass of orange juice. We sit down and start eating.

"I have to work today." Lexi says.

"Can I come?" Drew asks.

"Me too." Says Liam.

"OK, but only if Jake comes in case you have to leave." I say.

"Deal" the all say.

With that Lexi goes upstairs to change. We have to clean up downstairs. She comes downstairs and hands me a t-shirt.

"You take the boys and follow me there." she says.

She goes to the garage and gets on her motorcycle while we go across the street and climb into my Corvette. She pulls out and I follow. We go to the garage that my gang went to a few months ago and all thought the lady mechanic was hot. That was Lexi! We get out of the car and follow Lexi into the garage. She does a hand shake thing with the rest of the people. Drew runs over to them and starts talking to them about kindergarten. They laugh and ruffle his hair. I never knew a kid that comfortable with a gang. I guess that's what happens when your sisters BFFs are members of her gang. Liam isn't even that comfortable with my gang, but they are rarely over. Drew runs over and grabs Liam.

"This is my friend Liam." he says while dragging Liam over.

"Hey Liam." they say.

"He's six like me."

"Cool."

"I have an older brother that is your age" Drew says.

"Awesome, we should meet him." they say.

"He's here." he says while pointing at me.

"Jake." they say with no emotion.

"I'm not here to cause trouble. Lexi said I could come."

"He's not bad." she says from where she's standing watching us. "Let's get to work."

They all get to work. Two of the girls sit behind the front desk debating about something. Drew and Liam float around helping by grabbing tools and holding stuff. I sit on a couch and text my friends. At 11 o'clock they send someone I think they called Dylan to get pizzas for us and kids meals for Drew and Liam. Half an hour later he comes back and we break until they feel like going back to work which I hear doesn't happen. They just fool around. We eat and listen to music. Sometimes Lexi and her friends sing and dance only they are joking because it is horrible.

"Do you race like my brother?" Liam asks.

"We beat your brother." they say.

"Are you also a gang?"

"Kinda,we are more like a family that does everything together."

"I want to see you race my brother."

"If he is willing to lose." Lexi says.

"Hey I might beat you." I say.

"It's on. Loser has to run down the street in a hot dog costume."

We get our cars and go out back to the track. Everyone is out there already. Drew and Liam are on their backs. Some one goes to center with a flag. It's a simple quarter mile tack.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"GO!!!!!"

We take off flying. We are racing our hardest. Lexi beats me by 5 ft. Someone hands me a hot dog costume. I put it on reluctantly. They take pictures. I run down the street with them laughing behind me. I will never live this down.