Chapter 18

Lexi's POV

I pick up Drew And Liam then I go back home.

I make them a snack then do my homework. I'm done my homework in 45 minutes.

My phone rings. I got a text from Dylan. He works at my garage on Mondays.

D= Dylan

L= Lexi

D: can't come 2 work. have 2 watch the neighbors.

L: Ok I'll won't go in

With that I put on sweats and go to the soundproof video game room across the hall. I love my floor.

I play racing games, GTA,Assassin's Creed, and Halo. I'm in the middle of a level of Halo when Drew comes in.

"Jake's here." he says

"Ok. I'm almost done with this level."

5 minutes later I'm finished with the level and I go downstairs.

"Was Liam well behaved?" Jake asked.

"To my knowledge" I respond "I have to make dinner now."

I watch Jake and Liam walk across the street to the house that was recently bought. They must live there now.

I eat then go to sleep.

*************************************

I wake up 5 minutes before my alarm again. Today is Veterans Day.

I put on a Marine Corps shirt and jeans. I put on my vans and nerd glasses. I put my hair in a messy bun.

Drew is already ready when I get downstairs. I grab a banana to eat in the car and leave.

I drop Drew off and go to my school. I see my friends with the same blank expression on their faces. We tried to get the military to let us skip school and be miserable today but they said no.

*************************************

Math was replaced by a assembly wich I got out of along with my friends. History was horrible. My friends and I had to go in the hall during the video about Veteran's Day. During chorus I got to lead the singing of the National Anthem and Taps with my friends that are in chorus before lunch.

It is now lunch. I'm sitting with my friends at a table facing the wall so I don't have to see the happy families eating lunch with a veteran in their family. Then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see ...

\\\\\\|\\\\\\\\\\\\\|\\\\\\\\\\\|\\\\

Cliffhanger