11

-

another week passed by. it's been almost 2 weeks since chaeyoung left for New York.

days passed by since he became closer to yeona again.

yeona is comfortable with him and he is 'too' comfortable with her. he invites yeona to his house almost every day. he thought he just needed a friend to keep him company, but feelings don't lie. he still wants her by his side all the time.

messed up. he knew that it's so messed up to think about those old feelings when he is with chaeyoung now.

but, he gotta admit. their relationship is starting to get dry. she's not here and always busy, and minhyuk has yeona by his side now.

-
"hello, min. good morning. did you sleep well?" chaeyoung's sweet voice can be heard from the other line.

but, yeona is in his arms.

"yea, what about you?" his voice is cold.

"may i talk with you about something? are you busy?" chaeyoung ask, asking for his permission politely.

"go on,"

"did something happened to you while i was away? are you okay? did i do something wrong? i kinda feel like something is wrong with us these days..." chaeyoung trails off, afraid minhyuk would snap at her, like he did 2 days ago.

"nah i'm good," he replied.

chaeyoung let out a sigh. minhyuk is being cold to her again. she has never seen this side of him.

meanwhile in their shared house, yeona is still in minhyuk's arms while playing with his fingers, touching chaeyoung's 'promise' ring.

"are you sure...? you're acting different these days.. why?" chaeyoung carefully asks.

"oh my fucking god. i said i'm okay. can you stop repeating the same question?" he did it again.

"but, i just want to fix this. it seems like we're in a very complicated situation," chaeyoung's eyes in tears. thank god no one is with her at the moment in the room.

"chaeyoung if you don't fucking stop? stop making me repeat the same things all over again. why are you being annoying?"

"what's wrong with you, min.... you've never like this with me before.." at this point, it's obvious chaeyoung is crying.

"and why the fuck are you crying? you're not a child. this is why people hate you," minhyuk did it. he pulled the trigger.

chaeyoung's heart shattered hearing those words. only minhyuk know how much she is struggling right now because of hate comments.

user6387727 : she doesn't have any talent at all lmao she only got her face

jduu9 : i mean, yea at least she has a nice body and pretty face.

9444728wiy : fuck, maybe her place is not here. she should leave

xxcity : my ears hurt lol she's so bad

minhyuk's word stab her heart like a sharp knife this time. she would always brush off those bad feelings these days. but today, she can't. not when her comfort person and the person she always rely on is mocking her like this.

"i guess yea... you're right min... i'm gonna go to schedule now. sorry for disturbing.  have a good night, baby," chaeyoung try so hard to ignore her feelings. she try so hard to not worry minhyuk about her condition.

"thank god. you're so annoying these days. maybe you should blame yourself for real this time. bye" and without chaeyoung's last word

"i love you, min"

minhyuk hangs up the call. chaeyoung get up from her bed to get ready. she still need to work. she can't slack off and let her team members worry about her condition.