17

-
minhyuk wakes up with a jolt. he's been sweating.

it was a dream. thank god.

he chant as he look at chaeyoung's unconscious body on the hospital bed.

he stands up and goes to the bathroom to wash his face. only he is in the room at the moment. sparkz members has another schedule and monsta x members all went to their seperate ways because of holiday.

"chaeng... i wish i can see your beautiful eyes looking at me again," he said, while reaching out to chaeng's cold hand.

-
"sir, you need to wake up. we need to check on ms. chaeyoung," minhyuk's shoulder is grabbed by the nurse. he thought it was a dream again.

unfortunately, it's not. minhyuk wakes up, still half-asleep and he quickly goes to the bathroom to feel fully awake.

"how is she?" he asks, quietly praying that she's just fine.

"she's been awake for a few minutes now," the doctor said, but with a disappointed face?

"can i meet her now?" minhyuk is just happy to hear that his lover is awake from the deep coma she was in for almost 6 months.

"but i'm sorry to inform you, that she had lost all her memories. her bone in her head is severely damaged and affecting the brain. i'm not sure if she can ever regain them back, but you can try to bring her to memorable places or show her any memorable pictures," the doctor explain.

minhyuk spaced out. he is half glad, and half sad about the explanation. she won't able to remember the incident that led to the accident but she can't remember him and her together too.

"oh.. thank you doctor. i'll try to make her remember," minhyuk said, with a bitter smile.

he cautiously walk into the room again.

their eyes meet again after almost 6 months.

-
a handsome tall man gets inside the room i'm in. his look is mesmerizing. but his eyes are puffy, looks like he's been crying and not getting enough sleep.

"hello," i said, and gave him a smile.

he stops walking and just stand in front of my bed post.

"are you, minhyuk...ssi?" she asks, to frozen minhyuk in front of her.

"yes.... that's me," he tried to smile. his heart is ripped to pieces hearing chaeyoung's voice again. but it was even sad knowing the fact that she doesn't know who he is.

"do you need anything?" minhyuk asks her, trying to help.

"ah yes.. can i get a cup of water, please?" chaeyoung politely ask the stranger.

-
she learned that he was a friend from the company. apparently they were friends during trainee days. she's happy to hear that she's still has a loyal friend.

-
minhyuk decided to leave the room as sparkz members and chaeyoung's parents arrive shortly after the news of her waking up.

he sits on one of the benches a little bit far from chaeyoung's room. he texted monsta x's members, delivering the news. after that, he shove his phone into his pocket.

his eyes become watery. he missed her so much. he felt so happy to finally look her in the eyes and hear her voice again. however, he can't help but to blame himself again after seeing chaeyoung's condition. her parents are gonna be so sad, her friends too. if he hadn't cheated on chaeyoung, all of these wouldn't have happened.

a tear falls onto his lap. he wanted to shout and stab himself so he can ever feel at least an ounce of pain from what chaeyoung felt.

the betrayal she felt before the accident kept on lingering in minhyuk's head.

'i should've been the one that should receive this pain, not her.'

he sighs out loud.

-
a pair of eyes is watching him from the corner, questioning his words.