20

-
"do you have a girlfriend? or used to?" chaeyoung asks abruptly.

minhyuk's body freezes. his eyes widen. his action got stopped by the question.

"what? you know idols can't really date," minhyuk said, unable to face chaeyoung.

"ey, lies. we still have time for that, right? and i think i heard you say something about you deserve to feel the pain to yourself the other day. wasn't it because of a lover?," chaeyoung asks, genuinely curious.

"no. plus, it's really none of your business." minhyuk reply coldly. he hates himself for that.

chaeyoung is shocked by the response, "oh. sorry..." as much as she want to get closer to minhyuk because she starts to gain feelings for him, she thinks it's important for her to regain memories so that she can who he really was in her life.

"sorry, chaeng. that wasn't my intention. it's just, the situation is so painful for me, i don't think i want to talk about it right now," he finally face chaeyoung who is sitting on the bed.

she smiled, showing her pretty eye smile,

"it's okay, minmin! i understand," she said.

minhyuk smile bitterly. the nickname....

-
chaeyoung is asleep now. minhyuk watch her closely. his eyes tracing every inch of her beautiful face. he used to be able to hold her face with admiration, but now he can't.

"we should't have met each other, chaeng. maybe then your life wouldn't turn out like this. i'm sorry, my love. i really am," minhyuk said, whispering to himself.

he tuck himself to sleep with tears in his eyes.