20(2)

I couldn't say anything else before she dropped her bags and pulled me into her arms. I immediately nuzzled my face in the crook of her neck and closed my eyes as a sense of comfort filled me.

"I've missed you so much." I heard her mumble before she kissed the side of my face.  

"I missed you too." I said as I wrapped my arms around her tighter.

A few more minutes passed before she pulled away and smiled at me. "Hi." She said with a sigh. I smiled and reached up to touch her cheek.

"Hi." I shook my head in disbelief. "What are you doing here? H-how are you here?" I asked as I held her face in between my hands. She put her hands on top of mine and slowly pulled them away from her face before placing a kiss on both of them.

“I'm here because I felt that we needed to talk about things in person and not thousands of miles away from each other. So I hopped on a plane and here I am." Her eyes roamed over my body and I instinctively put my hand on my stomach when I saw her stop at my pregnant belly. “Seems like we have a lot more to talk about than just our relationship.” I nodded my head.

“Yeah we do. We can t--” 

“Is everything alright Alison? You've been … Oh my goodness, Emily?” My mother put her hand to her chest before she pulled Emily over to her and hugged her tightly. I heard Emily laugh a little before she hugged her back.

“Hi, Mrs. DiLaurentis.” I smiled as I looked at them. My mom has loved Emily from the very beginning of our relationship so of course her reaction would be like this.

“I'm so happy that you're here.” She said to Emily before leaning in and whispering something in her ear. “Why are you just standing out here? Grab your bags and come in.” She said to Emily and walked inside the house. Emily grabbed her bags off of the porch and waited for me to walk into the house first before she followed behind me.

“Come on, you can put your bags in my room.” I said at the bottom of the stairwell before I started to climb the stairs. Almost immediately I felt her hand on my lower back. I glanced back at her and smiled. “I'm not going to fall.”

“I know, just be careful.” Yeah, she would've been like this the entire pregnancy if she knew about it. I thought to myself as I smiled at her and led her to my room. I opened the door and let her walk in first.

"Damn. Do you have the biggest room?" I thought about her question for a few seconds before answering.

"Well, this room is slightly bigger than the others, but not too big."

"Ah, so this one was meant to be your parents room?" She asked and I nodded my head. 

"Yeah, but as I got further along in my pregnancy, mom and Jason moved my stuff in here and my parents now have the room that I had when we first moved in." I said as I placed my hand on my stomach when I felt Isabel move. I turned around when I noticed she was quiet and saw her expression change as she ran her hand over the railing of Isabel’s crib as she looked in it. Almost like she was envisioning her in it. She looked at me and quickly put her head down when I walked over to her. "What's on your mind Em?" I asked as I put my hand on top of hers. She shook her head, avoiding eye contact with me. "You know, we haven't been apart that long where I don't know when something is bothering you." She looked at me and sighed. 

"It's just that I missed so much. I should have been right here with you throughout this but…"

"No, don't make this seem like it's your fault. How could you have been here when I'm the one that didn't tell you? So this is my fault."