5

"Okay, what you want to watch baby?" I asked as I sat next to Emily and grabbed the remote.

"I don't know. Anything I guess." What the hell is wrong with her? I asked myself as I narrowed my eyes at her before going to the Netflix app and choosing On My Block. I glanced over at her halfway through the show and noticed she wasn't paying attention. It was like, she had a glazed over look in her eyes.

"Em. Emmy..." I called out but she didn't even turn her head. I moved closer to her and put my hand on her leg before leaning in and kissing her cheek. "Em..." I squeezed her thigh and she snapped her head towards me.

"Yeah Als?"

"What's going on? You've been acting weird since lunch."

"No I haven't." I scoffed and raised my eyebrows.

"Really? Cause if I have to say your name over three times without you answering back, something is clearly going on."

"You say my name multiple times when we're..."

"That's besides the point." I cut her off but couldn't stop the smirk that was forming on my lips. I took her hand in mine and rubbed my thumb over it. "What's going on Em?" She swallowed hard before looking me in my eyes.

"If I tell you something, promise that you won't get mad or hold any animosity towards someone."

"Okay."

"You have to promise Ali." I sighed.

"I promise I won't get mad at you or hold any animosity. Now what's going on?"

"You remember what we talked about at lunch?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, about how you and Hanna grew up together."

"Then you asked if anything ever happened between us."

"Yeah. But Hanna assured me that nothing but a kiss happened between you and her."

"That's not the only thing that happened between us and I don't know why she didn't want to tell you. Well I do know but it's still not a good reason..." I put my finger on her lips to stop her from talking.

"I know you two slept together." Her eyes widened.

"How?"

"Your reaction to things tell more than you think. The way your face scrunched up when Hanna said nothing else happened." I thought about it for a second. "So why didn't she want you to tell me?"

"She said that it shouldn't matter because when we moved here, I met you and she met Caleb and we never done anything like that with each other again." I looked down, processing what she just told me.

"Does Hanna still want you in that way?" She quickly shook her head.

"Not a chance... we're friends. Nothing more than that. She's completely in love with Caleb."

"Well, do you still think about her in that way?" I regretted asking the question when I saw the look on her face.

"Are you serious right now? No, I don't think about her in a sexual way anymore. I think about her as a best friend... cause that's all she is to me. I only want you Ali. It's only been you since I walked into Rosewood High and saw you standing at your locker talking to Spencer and Aria." I smiled.

"I remember that day. I didn't finish telling them whatever I was talking to them about because I couldn't think straight after I saw you. I was lovestruck the moment I saw you."

"You were?" She asked as she pulled me onto her lap.

"Yeah. I spent that entire day trying to figure out who you were. Then the next day you introduced yourself."