11.

ALI'S POV

I traced Emily's jawline as I watched her sleep. I'm not going to be able to do this anymore. The thought entered my mind unexpectedly and my eyes clouded with tears. I covered my mouth with my hand but not before a sob escaped. Emily stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up. I closed my eyes and tears ran down my face and onto her pillow. I felt a hand on my cheek and opened my eyes to see Emily staring at me. She raised up and rubbed her thumbs under my eyes, wiping my tears away.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I shook my head and put my hand on her arm.

"Go back to sleep baby." She moved closer to me.

"Not before you tell me what's wrong." I'll tell her in the morning.

"Nothing's wrong. Can you just hold me please?" I asked as I felt myself about to cry again. She smiled a little before she kissed me.

"Of course baby." I watched as she lay on her back and I laid next to her with my head on her chest, I felt her wrap her arm around me and kiss the top of my head before she whispered Goodnight.. I said good night to her and closed my eyes, finally falling asleep while listening to her heartbeat.

THE NEXT MORNING

I slowly opened my eyes and looked over at Emily's side of the bed and saw that she wasn't in bed anymore. I stretched before I got out of bed. I put a pair of her jogging pants on before I walked out of the room. I know where to find her, I thought as a smile formed on my face. I walked downstairs and heard music blasting from the attached garage, Emily and her father converted the garage into a gym over the summer and this was like Emily's home away from home. I opened the door and there she was on the treadmill. Her mouth was moving to the lyrics of the song that was playing at the moment, she glanced over and saw me standing there and turned off the treadmill and lowered the music volume. I smirked at her then pointed to the treadmill.

"I think I've only seen you on that three times. Normally you would go for a run." She let out a breathy laugh and walked up to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"I didn't want you to wake up and be alone. You probably would've had another nightmare and couldn't find me. That would've made you freak out more. I mean isn't that why you were crying last night?" I bite my lip as I felt tears form in my eyes. I quickly blinked them away so she wouldn't notice.

"I have something to tell you."

"Alright, what is it?" She asked as she grabbed a towel and wiped her face.

"We should sit down before I tell you."

"It's that bad?" She asked as she looked at me. When I didn't answer she shrugged her shoulders. "Alright, let's sit." She grabbed a water out of the mini fridge before we sat down on the couch that was in the garage. Emily was looking at me, waiting for me to say what I had to say.

"I uh... I heard some news awhile ago, but i had to make sure it was true before I mentioned it to you."

"What's the news?"

My dad took a case. A very high profile case." She stared at me for a few seconds before she snickered.

"That's the news? That your dad took a case?" She asked before laughing a little. "Babe, your dad is a lawyer. He has cases all the time."

"Not in California." I mumbled out as my lip quivered a little.

"What?"

"The case isn't in Rosewood Em, it's in California. We would have to move there while he's working on it."