22.

"I swear she's right on my bladder." I heard Ali grumble as she walked out of the bathroom. I sat up on the bed and looked at her as she sat down and started brushing her hair.

"Only a few more days until she's here." I said while smiling. She glanced up and smiled at me.

"Yeah. I know this is going to sound weird, but I'm going to miss being pregnant." I raised my eyebrows and she laughed. "Don't make that face."

"You're serious?"

"Yeah. Jason did everything for me." I burst out laughing

"So that's what you're really gonna miss. People doing everything for you." I said as I got off of the bed and walked over to her. She put her hair in a ponytail and took off her shirt. I kneeled down and wrapped my arms around her, resting my hands on her stomach. I noticed her shoulders tensed up as I kissed it. "Everything okay?" I asked as I pulled away to look at her.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, ever since we left the restaurant, you've been quiet. Like, I mean, you'll hold a conversation with me but it's a little dry and just now, when I kissed your shoulder, you tensed up. What's that about?" She sighed.

"I'm sorry baby. I just have some stuff on my mind."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked as I stared into her eyes through the mirror. She held her head down for a few seconds before she turned around and faced me.

"When was the last time that you spoke to Maya?" I was caught completely off guard by that question. Where did that question come from?

"The night that she kissed me." I saw the exact moment that her jaw clenched but she didn't say anything.

"Is that right?" I nodded my head.

"I'm sure. After that I didn't say anything to her, not even at school."

"Why is she calling you then?"

"What are you talking about? She hasn't called me." She looked down at her hands and started playing with her fingers. Something she does when she's nervous. I put my hands on top of hers to stop her. "What's going on Ali?" She took a deep breath.

"Remember when we were leaving the restaurant and your phone rang?" I nodded my head.

"That was her calling. I just lied and said that it was an unknown caller. If I would've told you who it was, would you have answered?"

"No." I said as I reached for my phone on the bed.

"Why is her number still stored in your phone?" I unlocked my phone and began searching for her name.

"I forgot to delete her number. I really didn't use my phone much after everything happened. Mostly just went to school and back home." I couldn't read the expression on her face so I put my phone down and grabbed her hands. That seemed to snap her out of whatever thoughts she was having. "I'm sorry that she called and that it upset you. Her number is no longer in my phone and if she calls again, I'll tell her not to." Her gaze suddenly softened and she sighed as she shook her head a little.

"I'm sorry." I shook my head to dismiss what she just said.

"No, you have every right to be upset about the call. If it was the other way around and that happened, I would be upset too."

"I just don't want you to think that I don't trust you cause I do. I just don't trust them, but I know that you're not paying attention to them." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I think sometimes that's what really makes you upset. The fact that I'm oblivious to their advances. I'll try to be more observant from now on." She smiled. "I mean, I can't help that I'm so irresistible." I said as I raised my eyebrows laughing a little. She gasped and hit my shoulder.