15

Ali's POV

One Month Later

I sent Emily a quick text before closing my locker. I jumped and placed my hand on my chest when I noticed Janel standing there.

"Janel... you scared the hell out of me."

"Oh I'm sorry. I just thought I would meet up with you and we could walk to the gym together. " I nodded my head.

"Alright. Where's Eli?" I asked as I looked around for her brother that's normally right by her side.

"He left me to walk by myself." I couldn't help but laugh a little when she rolled her eyes.

"Let me guess, he met up with Ava?"

"Ugh, is it bad I can't stand her? Like I know something is not right with that girl."

"Just give her a chance. She seems alright."

" Whatever. Are you ready for this running test?"

" Ready as I can be. I just don't understand why we need to do this."

"She wants to know how many laps we can do in the time limit to determine how many we should be able to do at the end of the semester. " She said as we made our way to the locker room.

"Yeah I got that much. I'm saying at my old school, they didn't do this at all." I said as I put my purse in the locker and changed into my gym clothes. When we got to the gym she had us sit on the floor and do a few stretches before we began running.

"Alright ladies, you have twenty minutes to run as many laps as you can. The goal is to run more than twenty in that time period. If you need to slow down, you can. Just keep walking. I looked over at Janel and she rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out. I shook my head and laughed. When I got up, I felt a little dizzy.

"Hey, are you okay?" Janel asked as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, just got up too fast." I said before I shook my head a little and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Are you sure?" Janel whispered.

"Yeah. Get that worried look off of your face." Coach Fulton yelled for us to start running and Janel and I took off. We looked back and noticed that we were in front of everyone but this was my normal pace from running with Emily for so long. After about ten minutes or so, the dizziness came back. I grabbed Janel's arm to stop her, she turned and looked at me.

"Alison..." That's all I heard before I passed out.

__________________________________

I opened my eyes and quickly covered them with my arm to block out the light shining through the windows. "Ugh, why is it so bright in here?"

"Alison." I slowly removed my arm to see my mother sitting in the chair beside my bed. That's when I noticed I was in a hospital bed.

"Mom? Why am I in the hospital?"

"What do you remember?"

"Umm...I was in P.E with Janel and we were running."

"Is that all you remember?" I nodded my head.

"You fainted and they couldn't wake you up. So they had to call an ambulance and called to inform me. Have you been feeling sick lately?" I studied her face for a minute and noticed that she didn't look mad.

"For the past week, I've been throwing up every morning." When she looked shocked, I held up a hand to stop her from talking. "Not intentionally, I just felt sick to my stomach." She didn't say anything, she just grabbed my hand.