16

I sighed when I saw who was calling. I blew out a deep breath before answering.

"Yeah what's up Han?"

"Can you give me a ride to school?" I was quiet for a few seconds before answering.

"Sure, but what happened to your car?"

"I don't know..." I heard her blow out a frustrated breath. "It's not starting. I don't know what's wrong."

"Okay, I'll be there in about fifteen minutes. Just have to finish getting dressed."

"Okay. Thank you Em."

"You're welcome." I said before we hung up from each other. I walked into my closet and picked out a pair of black sweats with an Aaliyah graphic tee. I looked at my wall of shoes and decided to go with the black and white Jordan 1s. When I was done getting dressed, I brushed my hair into a low ponytail before grabbing my wallet, keys and backpack. I picked up my phone from the bed and sent Ali a text.

Morning baby. I know you're still asleep but I just wanted to say I love you. Text me whenever you're awake. I put my phone in my pocket and walked out of my room, shutting the door behind me.

"Morning Emmy." I was almost out of the door when my mom stopped me. I turned around and smiled at her.

"Morning mom."

"How are you feeling today?" She's been asking that everyday since Ali left.

"I'm fine. I might be a little late today because I have practice."

"Okay. Would you like me to leave dinner in the oven for you."

"Sure mom." I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple before kissing her cheek and saying bye.

__________________________________

I pulled into Hanna's driveway with my hand on the horn. She came outside and ran to the car.

"Stop!" She said as she took my hand off the horn while laughing. I laughed and put the car in reverse.

"Let's go get something to eat. That apple didn't do shit."

" Now you know damn well you eat more than a damn apple." She said while laughing a little "but  where we're going."

"Mcdonald's. Please decide what you want before we get there because we'll be in the line for twenty minutes."

"Don't do that. I just want the big breakfast with pancakes."

"Ooo me too." I said as I drove.

" Are you feeling a little better than you were?"

"Yeah. I just miss her but y'all are right. I can't just sit in my room all of the time. Besides she'll be back."

"Yeah."

" So let me ask something...why didn't you call Spencer or Caleb?"

" Well Spencer always drives Aria and they have their Lovey Dovey moments and Caleb… well we haven't talked since that day at the cabin."

"Have you tried to talk to him?"

"Everyday. He just ignores my texts and walks right past me in school. I don't know what else to do."

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"I doubt he'll listen to you. He was so mad when I tried to kiss you and I understand why,  so I deserve this." I pulled up to the intercom and waited for the person to ask what I wanted.

"Welcome to McDonald's, can I take your order?"

"Can I get two sausage Mcgriddles and two orders of the big breakfast with hot cakes."