27. Aster

"Should I be worried about that?" Bucky asked on their way to the shop.

"Maybe, but my mom didn't seem put off. She's very free-spirited that way."

"And your brother?" He asked, looking away from the road for a quick second.

"Ames is... protective. Don't be too focused on him, but he's very particular when it comes to me. Dad's gone now, and he's been acting protective even though he's barely home most times. He cares. It's just hard for him." Bucky see her face, the way he eyes were searching, and then just stared ahead.

"August, don't think about it." His hand took up hers and squeezed it. "Please, today is gonna be a good one." He rose her hand to his lips a pressed a kiss to it. "Believe that."

She smiled. "I do, Theo."

"Good." He let her hand go as he turned into the next street.

"So sweet." August turned around to find a sleepy Claude rousing from his slumber.

"Hey there handsome."  August gushed.

"Hey flower girl, good morning." He said with a smile, his dark hair sticking out in every direction, cheeks still puffy.

"You're so cute. Come here." He leaned forward and she ran her fingers threw his hair fixing it back for him. "There, much better."

"Thank you, love." He said, bending forward to peck her lips.

She smiled and sat back. "Did you sleep well?"

Claude yawned, scratching his neck. "Yeah, how long was I asleep?"

"About twenty-three minutes." Bucky replied.

"Shit, anything exciting happen?"

August answered this time. "Bucky met my mom... and Ames."

"Oh no. Umm, what happened?" He asked, running a hand over his face.

Bucky met her eyes then she nodded. "Well, I saw a woman who needed help lifting a few large bags and I went to help. She looked like August so I suspected that it was her mom and I was right. But then we stared talking and well... let's just say that I see where August gets her intelligence and curiosity from."

She chuckled. "Yep. Plus Ames knew who Bucky was and well... I blurted out who he was to me because my brother wasn't so pleased about the idea of him. My mom seemed fine with it and well... that was a lot. I guess we'll see what happens later."

"I guess so." Bucky mumbled.

Claude sat back. "Well, how was it meeting our girlfriend's mom?"

Bucky blushed, remembering how kind she was, even though she was quite inquisitive. "She was nice, and honestly had a scary way of making me nervous."

August nodded. "That checks out... sounds like my mom. I'm just happy that she doesn't disapprove, at least I hope she doesn't."

Claude shrugged. "Eh, don't be too hard on yourself. Just talk to her, you said she was accepting, maybe she'll understand." August nodded, knowing that her parents were obey letting their children express themselves as freely as they wanted, but it would be odd to not worry about the possibility of pushing the limit of what was acceptable and what wasn't. Polyamorous couples weren't common, but they weren't not a thing, and she wasn't confused nor was she being led on by a false hope of love.

She had love for each of these young men and they for her. Only time may tell.

》》》》》