41. Clematis Flower

Tigger Warning: Mild Dubious consent warning

Clematis flower meanings include mental acuity, wisdom, aspiration, travel, and mischief. There are some varieties of clematis flowers that are so dark they look almost black. A special color, black symbolizes mystery, formality, elegance, and rebellion. A black clematis is a fitting plant for the nonconformists among us. It's a flower for those who eschew the straight and narrow path and make their way in life. It's also a flower for those who like to get into a little bit of trouble.

August dragged Bucky from their class in such a hurry that he nearly laughed out loud by the way she had made Brook's jaw drop-amongst others. Bucky chuckled at Auggie's bold statement, especially with the painting of the Orange Lilies that he never guessed would have been made specifically for Brook. He stopped working, making his girlfriend jolt backward, he caught her in a bear hug-ignoring the few gasps and stares that they had been receiving as they walked.

"Theo, what gives?" August fumed, trying to fight out of his hold which turned into a fruitless task. "You're too strong for your own good, ya know." She mumbled, annoyed that he was playing around now.

Bucky chuckled, kissing her temple, "I know. That's why I hugged you."

August kept struggling, "oh really?"

"Nah, you're upset. Don't let this get to your head." He said, kissing her again. Auggie deflated then let him hold her as she rest her head back on his shoulder, meeting his eyes.

"It's just-who does she think she is? She acts like she's entitled to whatever she wants without repercussions. I hate it." August confessed.

Bucky poked her pouty cheek, then sighed. "I know, but she's a spoilt brat. Don't let that ruffle your feathers. You're better than she is, she still has some maturing to do. Don't be angry." Bucky hummed at her silence, "how about we go to the gym during free period and punch something, huh? Would that cheer you up?" She sighed, nodding.

"Okay. Thank you, Bucky." August said, happy that she didn't have to face Brook alone.

"Always." Bucky gave her one last squeeze then let her go. A locker slammed closed and someone fell to the floor, alerting them both. Bucky swore under his breath, now noticing that they had garnered a crowd of curious gazes.

"Are you okay?" August asked as the teen got helped to their feet. The boy nodded, then scurried off. "Huh," she pursed her lips, ignoring the stares. "Walk me to class?" She asked, turning back to Theo was seemed to have shrunk in size. August took his hand and squeezed it, "come on Coin." He chuckled as she dragged him in, wrapping an arm around his own.

Bucky's phone vibrated and he fished it out to see a text from Cory and Claude. He checked Cory's own first and rose a brow then snickered softly as he replied, 'why don't you ask.' Then check out what his boyfriend said.

'How was class? Did Brook say anything to her?'

Bucky replied with a simple, 'I'll explain later, then clicked off the phone only to catch Auggie looking at him.

"I won't ask."

Bucky scoffed playfully, "but you're curious?"

"No, not my business," August said, turning the corner.

"Isn't it?" Bucky asked then moved his arm away to hold her hand. "Shall we?"

"We shall."

》》》》》

August chose a seat in the middle of her class as Mr. Schrindo spoke of something. She had read the chapter already, so she just say drawing on the bottom of her textbook, a shiver ran up her back when a pencil tapped her shoulder. She turned to the left to see one of Mr. Schrindo's many fangirls. Did she want to copy her notes? What could she want? "What?" She whispered.