37. Ranunculus

Although ranunculus flowers generally symbolize charm and attractiveness, they come in different colors that further give another meaning. In the language of flowers, pink blooms hold several symbolic meanings such as love, romance, sympathy, and admiration.

Bucky's eyes lifted to find August walking towards the back of the house, heading to the bedroom most likely since she had been in the pool. August had a towel wrapped around her as she tipped-toed away, probably trying not to gain their attention.

Bucky looked down at Claude, who was still fast asleep with his phone on his chest and drool running down his jaw. He chuckled at the sight and stood to wipe it off with a napkin, then put his cell to charge before making his way in the direction of where August disappeared.

Bucky wondered what she was doing, sneaking around while they were resting. He approached his room, slowing down when he heard humming. A smile came to Bucky's lips when he could make out the song and peeked into the room to see August with her phone in hand as she sang now. He came to lean against the frame of the door, admiring her. She still wore her black bikini, the towel tossed on the edge of his bed as she sang the song, the beat having a jazzy vibe to it, with mellow undertones.

August sang softly, her hips swaying to the music. She had managed to sneak past her boyfriends' because she wanted a moment more to herself since they gave her alone time to enjoy the pool. August ran her fingers in her hair, tugging a few strands that had shrunken in the cool water while she was swimming. It was growing back so quickly.

Bucky idly bit his bottom lip as he enjoyed her little dance, noticing how long her hair was as she played in it. August was so pretty that she made him blush. Hmm, maybe she wanted to be alone. Bucky thought after gawking for too long. He backstepped, but his heel hit the hinge of the door, and he winced and groaned.

August snapped around, catching Bucky peeping at her, but he was crouched down, holding his foot. She marched forward, stopping in front of him. "Spying isn't cool." She scolded.

Bucky lifted his eyes, embarrassed at being caught so stupidly, to find her extremely close, a bit of a fire in those pretty green eyes. "Wasn't trying to, but I think I did. You were singing, so I didn't want to disturb you. I was just leaving."

August hummed. "Serves you right for spying." She quipped and then stuck out a hand. "Come on." Theo took it, noticing that she was cool to the touch. She helped him up, and he stumbled slightly, catching her waist as he hissed. "Whoa, there, big guy. Be careful." She steadied Bucky, concern marking her face "Is it that bad, Theo?"

Bucky shrugged it off. "Nah, it just aches a little."

August pursed her lips and hummed at him. "Yeah, sure," she patted his hand on his hip, signaling that he should release her. He let her go and then turned to walk back over to the bed.

Bucky watched her for a moment, her the way she moved, so tantalizing as his eyes ran over her figure. She glanced over her shoulder, making him snap his attention back to them. Her eyes were sultry, making him gulp.

"Can you help me untie this, please?" August asked.

The low tone of her voice was enough to make Bucky aroused; the feeling of a blush crawled up his neck. "Sure." Bucky stepped forward and rose his hands to the back of her bikini top. Her skin was cool, just like her hands had been. Bucky's fingertips trailed up along August's spine, and he caught as she shivered. He licked his lips, swallowing the saliva in his mouth. Why was she so alluring? The bra fell as soon as he undid the knot around her neck, leaving her breast exposed. "Damn," he muttered, instantly hard in his pants.

"Thank you," August said, but neither of them parted.

She stood there patiently, and Bucky just knew that August could feel him watching her, observing her every reaction.