3. Sunflowers

Song: P!nk So What

The faint scent of smoke fluttered past ignorant nostrils with lips that released a hum softly, an exclamation that fell on deaf ears jumped and dashed an extinguishing solution on the small puff of fire that had grown from under Claude's neglected beaker. Droplets spattered his clothes where his lab coat was open before he realized what was happening. "What the hell is with you man!?" a voice snapped before dragging him from his stool with tight fist balled into his lab coat. Hazel eyes widen, and he looked around lost then saw the mess of his chemistry experiment. "Shït." Having his luck, it caught the teacher's ear and she pointed towards the door. "Principal now young man." He pushed away his angry reflection-his twin and shed himself of the lab coat before he grabbed his bag and marched out of the class and headed towards the principal's office.

Claude flopped down in one of the three chairs on the right side in the waiting room where the secretaries sat. There were three women that managed the office, students, schedules and other miscellaneous tasks. Ms. Herben, with her long ginger curls twisted into a bun glanced his way and clicked her tongue. "The principal will see you in a moment, Mr. Mason." He nodded and sighed at how he got himself in trouble. Someone dropped down next to him and he turned his head without really watching, then did a double take and couldn't help the grin that spread across his face. "August?" she glanced at him, half her face and most of her clothes were covered in a mixture of paint colors.

She blew her hair out of her unpainted right eye and chuckled. "What are you in for?"

"I nearly burnt down the chem lab."

"Ouch, at least you didn't, right?" she said, in a rhetorical manner as she gestured to his clothing which had small stains from the solution Blaine had used to save him and the lab. "I threw a tray of paint at Bucky Rogers for being a jerk and started a paint fight when it hit Peter Stark, and Cory Shaw. Once Cory got involved, it got worse. And here I am." she said gesturing towards herself with her yellow, pink, black and brown hands.

His smile widened. "Damn, August, did you hit Cory?"

"Oh yes, right in the face." They laughed together in silence at the image of Cory Shaw and his perfect hair and perfect face getting a face full of paint. Footfall closed in on them and Cory, Bucky, Peter, and Brook Cassidy sat opposite of Claude and August. Claude's jaw dropped in slow motion as he took in their condition. Cory had blue paint all over his face and blonde hair, and there was a bright yellow splat on his crotch, his deep frown creased his face downwards. Bucky was covered in orange paint as if it were poured on top of him while Peter looked like he was in a bloody battle because he had red sloshes of paint all over his clothing... And new Yeezus shoes. Brook was the funniest, she was splattered in black paint, and her pink top and shorts were entirely covered in black, including most of her face. Claude couldn't have believed that he was witnessing this amazing glory. Seeing the school most popular students slash bullies painted in a state of disarray was pure gold

"Brook was my doing." She whispered. He couldn't hold back anymore he burst out laughing.

Ms. Herben, Mrs. Calico and Ms. Michaels snapped their attention towards the teen. "Claude Mason, keep it down!" Ms. Michaels ordered, the teen silenced his laughter at once as snickering came from the adjacent foursome.

The principal's green glare silenced any remaining noise and was aimed at Claude as she stepped out of her office. "Young man, do you know where you are right now?" he nodded slowly, and she unfolded her arms from around her navy blue blazer that matched her long slender trousers and walked towards them. Her black heels clicked against the tiled floor and she stopped before August and Claude. "I had both your teachers call about you. Go ahead, explain yourselves."

August side-glanced at Claude then went first when she saw that he shrank back in the chair. "I was being bothered by Bucky, then I got angry and threw a paint tray after him but it missed and hit Peter and Cory then the paint fight broke out. I'm sorry Mrs. Prevost." She looked down and awaited her punishment.

"What was Bucky saying?"

Her bright eyes met that of the principal then she sighed. "He called me a tree humping slut." Mrs. Provost's pupils grew and she turned towards the regretful Orange Bucky Rogers and glared at him. "Four days in detention for slandering Ms. Chandler and you four are staying back after school today to clean up the art room that you stained with paint. August because you were also involved and you initiated the fight two days of detention. Claude, you're next."

"I... I almost caused a fire in the chemistry lab because I was... Daydreaming. My brother put the fire out, then I got sent here."

"Hmm, focus on school work and not girls," she said eyeing August beside him, "Two days detention. Now, go get cleaned up and I will be checking in to detention to make sure you four are there after you clean up the class." she turned on her heels only to be halted by Brook's words.

"I wasn't even involved!"

Mrs. Provost looked her right in her blue eyes. "I said what I said." She matched off and shut her office door leaving Brook's jaw on the floor. August and Claude stood and began walking off. Bucky stood, his teeth gritting. "Go ahead, run off with your—" he stopped short and narrowed his gaze. "You'll see." Peter and Cory stood and followed him with Brook in tow as they passed them by.

"You'll pay for this August." Brook warned.

"Should I be wary of those threats?" She asked.

Claude shrugged. "Probably not, but we'll watch out for them just in case." she paused and smiled.

"We will?"

He chuckled softly and scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, we're kind of a package deal now, aren't we?" his brows frowned together in question. August simply smiled and started walking. "August?" he asked still standing unmoved. He bit the inside of his mouth, but smiled then jogged up to match her footsteps.

》》》》》

She left Claude to go take a shower and went off to the school garden, which was in the greenhouse behind the school. She walked to the far end of the garden to the left, where the sun always seemed to shine the brightest and saw what she came for. She picked eight big sunflowers—the ones she planted when she was in the Ecology club last year and took a hair band from her pocket and tied them together, she walked over to the supply closet and took out gardening shears and cut the stems down to a reasonable length. She cleaned up the mess she made then placed the shears back where she found them and left the garden. She went back to her art class and knocked on the door, where she found her teacher Ms. Aniko.

The door was opened and a calm Ms. Aniko waited for her to speak. "I wanted to apologize for the mess that I made."

"Don't worry about it, you weren't the only one at fault. But I heard you got off since you were being picked on."

She nodded. "Yes. So, these are for you." She stretched out her hand to show her the flowers that she had picked for her.

Ms. Aniko blushed. "I saw them and thank you. they're my favorite. How did you know?"

"You always wear the color and you have a flower crown with sunflowers like I do."

"Hmm, very astute of you August. Well, I have to get to my other class, enjoy detention." She gave her a small tip of the lips and turned away from August to walk back into her classroom for her bag.