36. Gerbera Daisy

Content warning: All places, locations, organizations, etc., in this story, are fictional and or made up and do not connect fully with the "real world" as it is set in an alternate world of my own mad creation—just a heads up.

Gerbera Daisy specifically conveys cheerfulness. Delphinium, Hybrid symbolizes big-heartedness, fun, lightness, and levity. It also indicates ardent attachment. Freesia symbolizes innocence and thoughtfulness.

"Ah dammit!" Claude hissed as he splashed himself with the remainder of the waffle mixture. August snickered, and Bucky chuckled as Claude sighed at his dirty shirt.

"You can show after. Let finish up the dishes since  you're already dirty." Bucky said.

"Oh, shut up." He snapped, moving to rinse out the bowl that soiled his top. Bucky laughed and bent to kiss his temple.

"Quit being so pissy. We can always wash the shirt. Come on."

》》》》》

August crossed her legs as she sat reading at the table a college pamphlet that she was interested in attending.

Bucky and Claude finished clearing up the kitchen as August sat at the small table. Bucky looked over to see her enthralled in a pamphlet for Kinsley State University. One of the best colleges in their state. The institution offered various degrees in many distinct and diverse fields. Was she interested in applying there? Last time he checked, they had offered Botany... and sciences surrounding plants. It was one of the colleges that he looked into recently. "Hey, Claude." The younger one looked up at him from sweeping, an eyebrow raised. "What career field do you wanna go into?"

"Oh." Claude shrugged. He didn't expect a question like that so randomly. It was a bit off guard since he wasn't sure what college would be best for him. Bucky waited patiently. Claude glanced down while he swept up the kitchen, moving to throw the dust into the trash bin. "Well, I've always wanted to be a photographer, but I'm not fully sure yet, though, I mean about a college, that is."

Bucky smiled at that. That was cool. He had a few memories of Claude taking pictures at some of his games and can't say that he wasn't impressed with the photography club's work that was in the newspaper as well as the school yearbooks. "Hmm, take your time then. Oh, and my room is down the right hallway, the second door on the left. There's a bathroom connected to it." He said when he looked at Claude's shirt and his hair splattered with batter. "I have shampoo too."

Claude chuckled, a little embarrassed for some reason. "Nice. Thank you, Theo. I appreciate it." Claude said as they resumed cleaning up. He disappeared from the kitchen a minute later after stealing a kiss from Bucky.

Bucky put away the cleaning supplies and joined August at the table. "Hey, Auggie, what with the intense college search over here. It seems like you're studying every detail."

She sighed and set down the papers, meeting his brown gaze. "I am. So, I put out applications early—even though we're not done with high school yet, and I'm just debating on which college is the best choice once I'm done." August huffed out and rested her cheek on the table. Bucky set his head down too, meeting her eyes, and she pouted at him, poking his cheek. "Cutie."

He giggled and winked at her, touching the back of her hand. "Don't stress over it so much, August. You know what you need, so pick a college that fits that, don't worry about us."

August groaned and sat up. "But that's the issue! I mean, I have two boyfriends, not one," she said, using her hands for emphasis, "and my career path doesn't seem to fit just any college and or neither of you and Claude's career interest." She grabbed the yellow and blue pamphlet, "Connally has all the sciences, and a huge margin for employment—not that I need it, but still. Con, it doesn't much offer an athletic program. Then Jefferson," she picked up the green pamphlet, waving it before Bucky's face, "this one has so many clubs and a wonderful campus with a great Botanical study—a lot more than Connally, but lacks and Creative Arts degree, but then Kinsley..." she slowly picked up the burgundy and yellow pamphlet and sighed, "this one has Botany studies, a lower turnout, a nice campus—not better than Jefferson, but that's fine. And it had Arts and Sports and..."