06; like freshman year

erica

it's monday again and nothing really happened over the weekend. i'm still a little bummed about friday. all the memories had flooded through me and it felt like it happened all over again.

when corbyn took me home he had asked to come say hi to my parents which just added to the sadness I had already been feeling. he didn't know they passed away and still doesn't cause I just told him they were somewhere for work which was believable because they always were.

my parents always adored corbyn. I mean how can you not.

speaking of, me and him were walking out of english when he decided to throw his cookie wrapper at the garbage and miss. he just put he head down, looking at the floor laughing. what a dork. as we stopped for him to pick it up, I looked at the board beside us with all the flyers on it.

"so corbs, you gonna try out for the football team" I say moving my eyebrows up and down and smirking.

"pft nah, I don't know" he replied. corbyn was apart of the football team freshman year and was quaterback. man did he ever look hot in that jersey and shoulder pads with his wet, sweaty, blonde hair.

"oh come on, you know the coach has a soft spot for you and I'm sure you'd get on it no problem." I tell him

"ok let's make a deal then." I have a feeling I know where this is going.

"if I try out for the football team, like freshman year..." he starts. oh god.

"then you, erica, have to try out for the cheerleading team, like freshman year" anddddd there it is.

"yea hard pass corbyn but nice try" I go to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"come on ric, it'll be fun and you know it." he says. I do kinda miss it cause it was a lot of fun.

oh why the hell not.

"fine, but I better see you on the field after school if you're gonna make me go. no backing out." cause of course tryouts are after school.

"oh you'll see me, full uniform and everything" he says backing away and heading to class. well this will be fun.

I take a closer look at the flyers and the cheerleading one says there's one spot open. well those chances are very slim. I did gymnastics for years and stopped after freshman year, I don't even know if I can still do half of the things I used to.

the football one says their looking for a few players but mainly a quaterback. that must've been because tyler is not allowed back on the team, since everyone found out about last year. well corbyn's chances look good. me, not so much.

after I was done in math class I headed to the washroom to wash my hands before lunch. not to pat myself on the back but I'm pretty good at a few things. painting and gymnastics being two of them, but I'm also pretty smart in the sciences and math.

I got to the cafeteria and alyssa rushed over to me, linking our arms.

"cheerleading huh?" I look over at the table she came from and see corbyn talking to all of them. he must've told them already.

"yea I mean, it's apart of corbyn and I's deal and it could be fun" I tell her

"well you're not gonna like this but madison is trying out too, claiming there's only one spot and that she's determined to get it to 'cheer on her man'. the guys and I wanted to puke when she said that." she says.

fucking of course. I don't wanna sit with her.

I start walking to another table with alyssa still linked to my arm. I don't wanna be around her but that means sacrificing my time with the group and corbyn. I know it sounds stupid but I really can't stand her and I'm tired of putting on a fake smile.