12; first game gitters

erica

corbyn was true to his word and returned to school today. I've managed to avoid him all day, since it's now last period, and I've hated every moment of it. even at lunch me and the girls sat at a different table from the boys. corbyn had a sad expression on his face all day and I feel responsible for it. he's barely talking to anyone, even madison. I don't think he's spoken one word to her today.

I was leaving my second last period and was on my way to last when a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me into an empty class room, locking it behind them. I look up and my eyes meet corbyns red puffy ones. as much as I feel bad, he could've been a bit nicer yesterday and not scream in my face, so I stand my ground.

"what do you want corbyn" I say in a stern tone.

"um...I was wondering if we could talk about.....you know yesterday" he says in between sniffs.

my expression softened a bit but I wasn't gonna give it too easily.

"what's there to talk about. I was worried, and came to check on you and then you yelled in my face to leave you alone."

"I know, and I'm sorry erica. I'm so fucking sorry, I just didn't want to talk about it to anyone and I felt like you were pressuring me into it and I just snapped."

"corbyn I wasn't pressuring you to do anything I was just making sure you were ok that's all" my voice says raising a bit, unintentionally.

after that the bell rings signalling everyone should be heading to last period.

"corbyn I gotta go I don't wanna be late." I turn around to walk away but he grabs my hand stopping me from moving further. I felt chills down my spine but news not the time.

"please give me time to explain" he says practically begging.

"corbyn, we have to go. neither you nor I can be late if we're trying to keep the good grades we have for senior year." I'm sure it's not a big deal if we miss one class but for some reason I just want out of this situation.

"then in the change rooms before the game tonight. I'll explain, just please let me" he says grabbing both of my hands now sending more chills through my body.

"I'll think about it" I turn around to leave again, but am once again stopped be corbyns next words.

"my dads back."

I turn back around and see him with his head down and tears in his eyes.

"what?" is all I could say, still processing the situation at hand.

"he was there when I got back friday night." he says sniffing and trying to hold back his tears. "but I'm so fucking scared ric, I don't know what to do to protect my mom, my siblings" he says finally letting out those tears.

I rush over to him bringing him in a tight hug.

"hey it's gonna be ok, I promise you, you'll be ok" I say as he cry's in my arms, causing tears to fall from my face. I hated seeing saskia sad but seeing corbyn break down really broke my heart.

"I just-"

"we'll talk about it in the change rooms don't worry" I say interrupting him.

"are you sure?"

"100%" I say giving him a reassuring smile. he smiles back then pulls me into another hug. the second bell rings and we break the hug. I wipe the tears off his cheeks and we say our goodbyes, heading to our classes.

corbyn

after I walked out of math I head straight to the change rooms and get into my football uniform. by the sound of the giggling next door I assume the girls are in their change room as well. I get only my pants on before I go to send erica a quick text.