24: feelings changed

erica

we made it back home and were instructed to leave the bus in an orderly fashion. we all wait for the driver to take out all our bags so we can grab them and go home.

it was pouring and I didn't have an umbrella, or a hood, so I was using my bag to cover my head. I look over to corbyn and he was just bopping his head to whatever music he was listening to, but was showing no emotion.

he got his bag just before me so I tried to call out to him so I could talk to him and apologize. I've been a shitty friend and he didn't deserve the way we treated him and I want him to know that.

"corbyn wait" I shout to him but he doesn't hear me and keeps walking. unless he did hear me and just kept walking.

"hey erica?" I heard from behind me. I turn around to meet brett causing me to sigh.

"what do you want brett?" I say to him coldly. ever since corbyn told me what he said, I've ignored him and I think he's catching on.

"did I do something cause I get the feeling you're ignoring me?"

"no I just found out the kind of guy you really are" I say and go to turn around but am stopped by him grabbing my hand and spinning back around.

"woah wait, what do you mean the guy I really am?"

"I don't know, about how on our date when all you wanted was to gain my trust so you could have sex with me. as if I'd even want to with a jock after what your best friend almost did!" I said raising my voice. everyone had already left so it was just us, which made me a bit nervous.

"god of course corbyn told you. look I'm not like tyler and yea that was the case but then I got to know you and it became more than that I swear"

"and why should I believe you? hm?"

"give me a chance? let me take you on another date?"

I contemplated whether or not I should give him another chance. I mean he was sweet but I can't help but think it was a lie. I know nothings gonna happen with corbyn so maybe I should go for it.

"fine"

"so like tonight?"

"it's a school night"

"I'll have you home by 10 grandma" he said joking which made a small smile come out.

"fine whatever"

"alright I'll call you for timing"

"actually, can you give me a ride? my ride left already"

"corbyn?"

"yea, things aren't really good between us"

"oh damn, yea sure I'll drive you"

I smile at him as we walk to his car. he opened the trunk for me to put my luggage in. then we got in the car.

"to your house?"

"actually can you drop me somewhere else"

I give him the address that's within walking distance from mine, and he drives me there. I leave my luggage on the front step and ring the doorbell. shortly after the door opened.

"erica? I didn't know you were coming over" saskia says opening the door wider for me to walk through.

"yea well I just wanted to come over, say hi and talk to corbyn"

"didn't you see him the past few days, also bring your suitcase in, I don't want it getting wet" she says laughing. I figured I shouldn't tell her what happened since he didn't himself clearly.