27: happy early birthday

erica

we're back at school again, yay. it's been a few days since mine and bretts date. it's also been a few days since I talked to corbyn.

we had small talk here and there because, like he said, our friend group is ok again. we all hang out as a group again and brett sometimes joins. except those times, corbyn excused himself and got up and left.

me and brett aren't dating. I don't know what my feelings are at the moment. I know I like brett, but I don't know if it's in a more-than-friend way.

after lunch, I walk towards my locker to put some of my books away and grab the ones I needed. as I opened my locker a note fell out. I put my books down and open the note.

"happy early birthday. hope you like it. btw I rented this so don't worry about breaking rules just return it once we're done. I'll meet you there at 1:00 - C" it read.

corbyn. I smiled at the note.

ugh I completely forgot about my birthday. it's in two days too.

the art room key was taped to the note, which is what I needed to return.

It was now 12:30 which means I would have to cut class and meet him in thirty minutes. thank god it's during math.

I wonder what it could be. and why would whatever it is, be in the art room of all places.

I sit down in my seat next to jack, since I have this class with him. within thirty minutes, like I said, I raised my hand and asked to use the washroom.

I made my way to the art room and unlocked the door. it was dark inside so I felt for the switch and turned it on. there stood corbyn next to my present.

oh my god.

"hope you don't mind, I saw it when I went to your house the other night. I took a picture of it on my phone and found a guy that could replicate it on a bigger canvas"

"it. it's beautiful" was all I could say.

It was a picture I had drawn of this photo me and my parents took in paris. it was one of my favourite memories with my them. I had missed them a lot that night and decided to draw it out. I tend to do that, draw my feelings. in front of me, beside corbyn, was a big painting that looked exactly like my drawing.

I run up to him and give him a big hug, crying happy tears in his shoulder.

"thank you. thank you so much, it really means the world" I say while still hugging him.

"anything for you ric, anything" he says pulling away from the hug.

we stare at each other for a few minutes before he starts to lean in. I start to lean in as well, not like how I did with brett.

before our lips could actually touch we hear the door open and pull apart fast.

it was an art student coming to get supplies for class.

"oh um, I'm sorry I'll just grab these and be on my way" she said grabbing paint palettes then leaving.

I turn to corbyn who's already laughing and start burst out laughing as well.

"there's um movers who'll come bring it to your house after school and give you a ride home" he says while covering the painting with a sheet.

"you already organized it all? you?"

"what do you mean, you? I'm the most organized person-"

"ohhhh ok sure" I say laughing.

he started laughing with me as we walked towards the door, closing it behind us. we say our goodbyes and both walk back to class.

I almost kissed him. and I would do it over and over again too. my thoughts were interrupted by someone saying something.

"where did you come from" brett says walking towards me in the hall.

"just wanted to disappear to the art room for bit"

"you like to do art?"

"uh yea I talk about it all the time"

"oh I didn't know you also do art I thought you just found it fascinating or something"

I look at him a little confused. does he not listen when I talk.

"well I'm gonna back to class or else ms. lewis will be on my ass about taking too long cause you know the way she is"

"yea" was all I said to him.

he kissed me on the cheek and walked to class as I walked back to math.

brett

I sat back down in science class with a wide smile, next to my buddy jay. I'm really happy everytime I talk to erica. her birthdays in a few days and I think I'm gonna ask her to be mine as my gift.

"what's got you all smiley dude." jay says nudging my side.

"nothing man, nothing"

"okk, oh bro I heard that two people were like hooking up or something in the art room a few minutes ago"

"the art room?" my heart drops. erica just said she came from there.

"yea and I heard someone saw corbyn besson coming out of it" this kid says turning to me and jay.

"ohhhh besson was getting it" jay says all happy for him.

I, on the other hand, was not happy for him. cause that would mean he was hooking up with erica.

I knew she still liked that fucker. ain't no way I'm loosing her to him.

corbyn

we almost kissed. well, almost got caught kissing. and I would do it a million times over again.

I was on my way to last period, which was gym and I had it with brett of all people.

I changed into my gym clothes and went to the gym and picked my racket, since we were playing tennis today. I reach and grab one when I feel someone yank it from my hand. I turn and see sit was brett.

"I was holding that one but alright" I say not even looking at him.

"yea well it's not yours besson, so sometimes you just gotta let it go"

"you still talking about a racket simmons" I say turning to him. I know what he's trying to do and I'm not intimidated.

he walked away to one of the courts without saying anything. that's what I thought.

I grab another racket and ball and head to a court with daniel, who's also in my gym class.

as I go to serve the ball, I felt one slam me in the back of my neck.

"ah what the fuck" I say turning to see brett fist bump his friend.

"mr besson, language!" mr roger said.

"ya besson, there's always a time and place for everything. gotta control yourself"

"didn't need your comments simmons, get back to playing, both of you"

I clench my fists, wanting to punch him square in the jaw. instead I just gave him a dirty look and turned back around continuing to serve to daniel.

-
authors note

I just love to snatch away those opportunities😆

anywaysss what's y'all's opinion on love back??

personally I love it🤪

hope you guys are liking traitor, thank you for 6k reads I love y'all😭❤️