34; please doesn't work

tw: alcohol, suicide attempt

erica

little by little, groups of people started to show up at daniel's house and little by little my anxiety grew more and more. I thought I wanted to be around a lot of people to forget about all my problems but it was only causing a new one.

I think corbyn noticed that it was bothering me cause he didn't leave my side or let go of my hand. he'd squeeze it harder and kiss my head from time to time.

"I'm so sorry about your grandma erica, that's so horrible" some girl said coming up to me. I felt a pit in my stomach grow and I rushed to the kitchen where the drinks were.

I didn't even know that girl and yet her words really affected me. I poured myself a cup of vodka and started chugging it back. shortly after, I felt the cup being ripped from my hand, away from my mouth.

"slow down. alcohol's not gonna help you" corbyn says pulling it away from my.

"corbyn back off ok, I said I wanted to drink so I'm gonna drink" I say getting another cup.

who does he think he is telling me what to do.

"erica I don't think it's a good idea"

"why do you care, it's not like you're my boyfriend"

"you're right I'm not, but I am still your best friend of many years and I'm gonna look after you wether you like it or not"

"well I don't" I say pouring myself a drink

"that's nice I don't care" he says taking that one away as well.

"just fuck off corbyn! let me live!" I say rushing out of the kitchen, shoving him, with the whole bottle of vodka in my hand.

corbyn

"erica wait" I shout for her but she runs upstairs locking herself in one of the bedrooms.

shit.

I go back downstairs to find alyssa to hopefully help me calm erica down.

"hey lyss, erica's locked herself in one of the bedroom with a bottle of vodka cause I told her that alcohol doesn't solve any problems so she got mad at me and said I can't tell her what to do cause I'm not her boyfriend and-"

"woahhhh besson slow down. I gotchu, what room is she in?"

"I think the third on the right"

"ok let's go, plus it saves me from this disaster behind me."

I look behind her to see what she was talking about and see jack making out with bianca.

"lyss I'm so sorry"

"don't be. I don't care, it's his life. I'm just letting him do what he wants."

she does care she just doesn't want to admit it.

all of a sudden there was a scream, followed by many gasps outside. me and alyssa look at each other before following where the noise came from.

we get to where everyone was, we look at what they were all staring at. it was erica on the edge of the roof with more than half of a finished bottle of vodka in her hand.

immediate worry and fear rushes over me and I run to daniel.

"how do I get on the roof!" I ask him pulling him away from his conversation with luna.

"what why-"

"how do I get to the roof daniel!"

"third bedroom on the right is the only entrance"