30; finally meet her

corbyn

I watched as erica got in brett's car and they drove away. man did she ever look stunning. I tried to be mad at her for bailing on our tradition but I just can't stay mad. look at her.

her smile is so addicting and contagious I don't even care where it comes from. of course I wanna be the one to put it there but I'll let her figure stuff out.

what happened in the art room kinda gives me a sliver of hope but I don't wanna jump to conclusions.

I walk up to the door and ring the door bell and her grandma opens it instantly smiling when she sees me.

"you just missed her again boy, get better with timing" was the first thing she said. I laughed.

"don't worry grandma jones, I saw her. she told me I could bring this inside." I say holding up erica's gift from everyone.

she nods "ah I see, of course come in" she says as I step inside.

"she also might've mentioned something about cupcakes" I say wiggling my eyebrows up an down.

"haha, they're supposed to be for erica but you're lucky I like you. I was just about to decorate them, do you mind staying a bit and helping me"

"not a problem, sounds like fun and I got no where to be" I say and we walk in the kitchen.

"you know we got into an argument over you before she left"

"what? over what?" I say while laughing.

"oh nothing much I just told her that you and her are meant to be and that she shouldn't be wasting her time with that piece of shit. that's all" she says shrugging her shoulders while picking up the icing.

I laugh again. "ah you're the best grandma jones. what did she say"

"she said she knows that, but she felt it would've been mean canceling on brett. i told her that was dumb"

"haha, yea I was upset at first but I don't wanna hold her back"

"darling she's the one holding back"

I stopped and thought about what she said. It did seem like erica was holding back. is she scared or nervous about being with me? is that why she's going out with brett?

"now, put your hands to work on these cupcakes, I'm old and I can't do it myself"

I laughed once again and picked up the other icing bag. erica's grandma started coughing a lot, seconds after we started.

"woah you ok grandma jones"

"I'm fine sweetheart, just a little cough"

I had a worried expression on my face but decided to believe her. until she was coughing more then ran to the bathroom. after that I heard her throw up.

"grandma jones maybe you should sit down, I'll do the rest of these"

"no I'm fine darling" I hear her say from the bathroom.

"I'm serious, just sit at the kitchen table and I'll do the rest" I say as she comes back to the kitchen.

"ok but you better not mess up my cupcakes"

"I will try my best, and you can tell me what I do wrong" I said continuing as she laughed.

grandma jones (paggy)

I threw up blood but I wasn't gonna tell corbyn. this has happened before but I've been fine so I brushed it off.

A few months ago when I went for a check up, my doctor said that I was healthy and good to go, so I don't think much of it.