17: i'll stick to skiiing

erica

we're back at school now from christmas break and honestly it flew by. I could've swore we just got off.

not much happened over the break. we had our friend christmas which went so well. everyone brought gifts for my grandma as well, which they didn't have to , but I guess they planned to behind my back.

we also went to brett's new years party where I actually hung out with brett a lot, but I didn't kiss him when the clock hit midnight. corbyn looked pissed and a little jealous that I was hanging out with brett but I haven't talked to him about it.

anyways we're not back for long, because the annual senior ski trip is next week, which I've heard is a lot of fun.

I only know because I had a friend who was a year older that went on it last year and she told me it was a lot of fun, minus the drama that came from it.

as I was just thinking about the ski trip, jack, alyssa and zach come up to me, already talking about it.

"are you as pumped as I am about this ski trip jones?" jack says as they approach me.

"not gonna lie avery, I actually am. I think we'll all have fun skiing"

"did you hear they added snowboarding too? at first cause it was 'too expensive' they didn't allow snowboarding but apparently the budget increased" zach cuts in

"oh corbyn will love that"

"speaking of" alyssa says nodding behind me, where corbyn was practically running towards us.

"ric you will not believe what the school is allowing now on the ski trip. snow-"

"zach told me"

"well thanks herron. anyways ric, want snowboarding lessons from your favourite person" corbyn says while raising his eyebrows and pointing to himself.

"i'll stick to skiing for now besson, but that was a good attempt" I say giggling, which he returns.

"also apparently they're also allowing boy and girl pairings in the room. although I was supposed to say that while jonah and sierra were here"

"well hey, now you can pair with madison" jack says hitting corbyns back.

"nah she already told my she's rooming with nina cause they both don't wanna ski or snowboard and are just gonna stay in the room. also apparently I snore"

"you do but it's cute" I blurt out. fuck-

"how would you-"

"ah look there's sierra and jonah now" I say cutting off zach, trying to change the subject as quickly as possible.

"hey guys. what'd we miss" jonah asks as him and sierra walk towards us.

"well I was just telling these guys that-"

"hey jones!" brett calls out, interrupting corbyn. corbyn turns towards him giving him a dirty look as he approached us.

"hey brett, what's up" I say smiling at him. truth is, brett is sweet, I'm reluctant to have any sort of feelings for him though cause part of me still thinks he doesn't have the best intentions.

"so, since the schools allowing boys and girls to room together on this ski trip, wanna be my roommate?" brett says causing my jaw to drop.

"wait they are?"

"no now babe, corbyn might break bretts jaw." sierra says causing me to look over at corbyn.

she was right, his fist and jaw was clenched and his nostrils were flared out of anger. I didn't realize how much brett pisses him off and how protective he is of me.