19: bus ride

erica

I just arrived at the school bright and early with corbyn cause he insisted on driving me. we're gone on this trip from monday to thursday so I brought a mini suitcase cause I know I wouldn't fit my shit in a duffle bag like corbyn.

"ready for a 2 hour bus ride?" corbyn says yawning then smiling right after.

"not really but I'll probably fall asleep anyways"

we get our stuff out of corbyns trunk and go in the school, towards the gym, where the rest of the seniors are waiting.

"well you look dead" daniel says

"it's cause I am, I got like no sleep last night"

"why what's wrong" sierra asked corbyn, I have a feeling about what it is but I just wanna be sure I'm not assuming the wrong thing.

"my dad got into another one of his moods again last night and threw a vase at me then stormed out" he says lifting his sleeve to reveal is badly bruised arm. "I offered to stay up until he got back cause I didn't want my mom to loose anymore sleep over him"

we all looked at him with sympathy. I hate that he has to go through this.

"alright seniors listen up! we want you to pair up with someone and that is who you're going to sit with on the way there and the way back. makes things easier for us with you all signing in"

"you gonna sit with madison?" I say whispering to corbyn. I kinda wanna sit next to him but I gotta respect his relationship.

"nah we got into a fight last night"

"again? about what"

"I'll tell you later"

"so I'm obviously sitting with sierra" jonah says

"and I wanna sit with jules of course" zach says putting his arm around her.

"I'll sit next to daniel" luna says walking over to him. she sooooo likes him but I don't want her getting hurt. I know the way he is.

"yea ok, sounds good to me" he says with a wide smile and blushing a little.

"I'll sit with avery" alyssa says out of the blue. well. I thought she was still putting up the 'I hate him' act.

"what"

"I said I'll sit with you"

"yes" he says a little too loud

"I mean, sure whatever, you do what you want"

"I guess that leaves you and I" corbyn says turning to me, looking me directly in the eyes.

his morning voice is so hot. it's so raspy and deeper than it normally is. man I could listen to him talk like this all the time-

"yo earth to jones" jack says snapping in my face

"oh um, yea I guess it does" real smooth erica.

as I mentally slap my forehead, the group lines up so we can give our name and homeroom number to sign in.

as me and corbyn give our names, corbyn forgot to put his sleeve back down so all the teachers could see his bruised arm.

"mr besson, might I ask where that came from" principal lester asks him.

"oh um I went to get a glass of water late at night and I ran into this antique cabinet my mom has cause I couldn't see but it's all good it doesn't hurt too bad"

"ok, you sure that's the truth? because if there is something going on at home-"

"nope, all good at home, just my idiot self walking in the dark" he says interrupting her.

I'm sure he's had to make up scenarios as to why he has bruises multiple times. he's probably mastered it by now.

we finish signing in then walk to the bus while corbyn pulls his sleeve down. I look over to him sympathetically but he doesn't notice.

we put our bags at the the bottom compartment of the bus and get on, sitting in the seats in front of jonah and sierra.

across from them was zach and julia. across from us was alyssa and jack, and in front of them was daniel and luna.

after everyone was on the bus they started to load the other one. this is gonna take longer than the actually ride there with how many seniors there is.

I see corbyn start to bounce his leg. he does that when he gets anxious about something. I put my hand on his knee to try and calm his nerves and his head shoots towards me since he was looking out the window.

"what's wrong? what's got you so anxious?"

"ya think principal lester bought it? you think she believes me? cause her face didn't seem too convinced"

"yea I think she bought it why?"

"well if she calls home and my dad answers, I'm screwed. like actually screwed"

"corbyn, hey, don't worry ok everything will be fine. if she thinks something is wrong at home, that's the last place she would call" I say taking his hands in mine.

I don't want him to be anxious and worried the whole trip. he calls his mom every night when he's away to make sure everything's alright. he did it when the friend group went camping together so I guarantee he will this trip too.

he nods at me and eventually his leg stops bouncing and his nerves calm a bit.

the bus finally starts moving and not even ten minutes in I feel my eyes get heavy, so I decide to rest them and fall asleep.

corbyn

I was staring out the window, listening to music, when I feel ericas head fall on my shoulder as she falls asleep.

I smile at her and admire her for a second before leaning my head on hers, and falling asleep myself.

jack

I was playing a game on my phone when I felt a hard nudge on my arm

"ow what the fu-"

"shhh, look at them" alyssa says pointing at erica and corbyn. there heads are resting on each other and they're both asleep.

"they're so cute"

"yea, he just needs to smarten up and realize madison isn't the one for him"

I look at alyssa confused, then I remember that corbyn only told the guys about his feelings for erica.
I want him to be able to tell them himself so I say nothing but

"yea I know"

and left it at that.

-

authors note

ahhh omggg daniel and lunaaa🥺

pre-cious

this chapter is so cute for many different ships🥰

the next two chapters tho....

anywaysss love y'all😘