21: leave you behind

madison

I was walking around looking for corbyn. I wanted to make things right between us.

I hate fighting with him but if that bitch erica is gonna try and come in and take him from me I won't allow it. I don't care how pretty she is or how long they've known each other, I won't let her win.

I know she likes him. it's pathetically obvious. the thing is I'm scared he might feel the same way or is at least catching feelings.

as I walked around the second floor I hear two voices coming out of an open room. two voices I know all too well. I was about to storm in when I heard what corbyn was saying.

"haha yea and it was good. helped me realize that maybe I stuck with madison because I appreciated her and felt like I owed it to her for helping me with my family issues but I'm not even sure if it was madison or the trip in general that helped with the trauma from my dad." he says to her

what? my eyes start to water as those words leave his mouth.

"what are you gonna do now?" she asked him.

"well I no longer believe she's the one I wanna be with and I think I'm gonna end it after the trip. it's just not working for me anymore. it's more toxic than it is loving and it's making me mad and sad more than it is happy."

bastard.

god I will not stay in a relationship where the person no longer loves me, or never did for that matter.

before anything else is said or done between them I decided to speak up making it known that I was there and heard everything so I wouldn't have to hear it a second time.

"good to know that our relationship was a lie and that I actually meant nothing to you"

I see corbyns head shoot in my direction with his eyes all watery. the nerve he has to be upset after what he just said.

before he could say anything or try and save his ass I stormed away from them trying not to show how much he actually hurt me.

corbyn

I ran after madison and managed to catch up to her in an area of the cabin that was completely empty. I know this is about to blow up so it's better we're away from everyone.

"madison please look I'm sorry you had to hear it like that, I enjoyed our time together I really did, but I don't feel that spark anymore you know" I try and tell her in the nicest way. like I said, I don't want to hurt her.

"no fuck you corbyn for making me believe you actually liked me" she blows up on me

"I did mads I really did you have to believe me" I say trying to calm her down

"I heard what you said corbyn. all of it. you don't even know if you liked me this whole time and you know what, I don't believe anything that comes out of your mouth anymore" she says full on crying now.

"madison he really did like you trust me" erica says from behind me. not sure her being here is the best idea cause I know how madison feels about her.

"erica I don't think-"

"god of course you're here right now" madison interrupts me, throwing her arms up.

"what's going on" jack says as the rest of the group approaches us. this is not gonna go well.

"you're friend is a douche bag who just strung me along for comfort cause of his daddy issues"

"madison that's not fair, you know he's sensitive about that"

"no you know what it's good that you're all here right now cause if my relationship with corbyn is about to be done, so is all of yours" madison says crossing her arms.

"madison what are you doing" I say to her. I don't trust her and I don't know what story she'll try and spin to make me loose everyone.

"it's time they know the truth right? about what you didn't wanna do on the trip?" she says. then it clicked in my head. shit.

"corbyn what is she talking about" erica says looking at me concerned.

"madison don't"

"he didn't wanna come back, and he was ready to leave you behind and travel the world with me. cause he only cared about his own happiness and is clearly still as selfish as he was then"

"is that true?" erica says walking towards me. fuck

"erica-"

"IS...that true" she says now right infront of me with watery eyes.

"yes it is, he said he didn't give a shit about anyone back home and that he was dreading coming back here. he said he would rather be with me somewhere far from here. guess he's selfish and a liar" madison finally says then walks off.

I didn't want them to know that cause I know that I wasn't thinking straight when I said that. I just wanted to be away from my father for as long as I could. not that I wanted to be away from my friends.

I turn to the group, fully facing them. some of them looked hurt. some of them just looked pissed off. I go to speak but daniel beats me to it.

"you asshole" he says

"you guys don't understand" I say back trying to explain myself. though I doubt they'll listen.

"don't understand what corbyn? the fact that you didn't give a shit about us and were ready to leave us in the past like we meant nothing" luna said chiming in with tears in her eyes.

"that's fucked up man" jonah continues

"and to think we were so excited for you to come back" sierra says latched onto jonah

"just let me explain"

"explain what? you wanted to leave us behind" alyssa says stepping closer to me in anger

"it's not what you think I didn't-"

"didnt what?" erica says cutting me off. she looks the most hurt. she's probably thinking I didn't wanna return to her, my best friend, the girl I now see as more than that

"ric-"

"don't. don't call me that" she says cutting me off again. those words hurt more than any other one said to me tonight. I hurt her. badly.

erica walks off away from everyone but I go after her

"everyone must be in their rooms in 5 minutes, that means you too mr besson" principal lesters says with her voice echoing through the halls.

I caught up to erica finally before she could get to her room and shut the door in my face.

"erica please"

she stops and turns to me and walks over.

"not only did you wanna leave us behind, but you're mother?!"

"erica you have to understand-"

"I don't have to understand shit corbyn!"

"will you let me talk!"

"no because you know what, I don't wanna hear anything you have to say cause I don't care anymore. you wanna leave and not come back, then go. no one is stoping you this time!" she says shouting at me causing everyone to look.

she then storms off into her room slamming the door behind her. I know she didn't mean what she said at the end but man did that hurt. I deserve it though.

"what are you all still staring at!" I say to everyone in the halls. god people are so nosy.

they all stop staring and go back into there rooms as I walk to mine. how did I manage to loose my girlfriends and all my friends in the matter of 5 minutes.

-

authors note

IM SORRY IM SORRY DON'T HATE ME-

well that was a cluster fuck.

ANYWAYS now everyone is mad at corbyn😭

poor guy can't catch a break it seems😩