14; you two were amazing

erica

the game was almost over and we were up by 6 points. with only minutes left chelsea signals us to do a few more little routines to get the team hyped and to get the crowd going. soon after the crowd was so loud, the other teams crowd didn't stand a chance, and there cheerleaders weren't as skilled.

as the buzzer goes off, signalling that the game was over, the crowd erupts in cheers as we just won. corbyn had the biggest smile on his face as his team picked him up basically praising him. after some of the celebrating was done they go and shake hands with the other team and walk off the field.

madison walked up to corbyn to give him a hug but he just smiled at her and walked past her towards me. I run towards him and he picks me up in a big hug.

"you did it besson, look at you" I say hitting his shoulder lightly with a wide smile on my face. it felt good to see him so happy considering the events that have happened in his life recently.

"yea well I've got a great cheerleader" he says back copying my actions with a wide smile as well.

corbyn

I stare at erica for a minute and just admire her for a sec. for some reason she looked so beautiful right now. I mean she always looks beautiful but something about her right now is hitting different. I've never seen erica as more than a friend, but in this moment, that changed.

"what" she says still smiling at me. I shake the thought I was just having and just tell her nothing.

"holy crap that game was amazing." jack says approaching us

"literally, the rush of adrenaline I felt watching that" zach continued.

"you felt adrenaline? can you imagine being out there dude, it's crazy" I say while me and him do our groups handshake.

"man, you two were amazing"

"oh no, corbyn did so much better than me, I'm still a little rusty" erica says. is she crazy? rusty was not what I saw.

"oh please girl, you were on fire tonight, I swear there was steam coming off you" julia says causing everyone to laugh.

"haha, thank you jules. alright well im gonna go change and I'll see you guys in a bit."

"im right behind you just give me a few minutes" I tell her looking over at madison. I should probably talk to her about things.

erica and the rest of the group just say ok and walk off while I head over to madison. I'm not in the wrong in this situation so I'm gonna give her this chance to apologize.

"hey" I say approaching her.

"hi" she says slightly smiling.

"look-" we say at the same time, then laugh shortly after.

"you go first" she tells me.

"look, mads. you're my girlfriend and I don't like upsetting you, but erica is my best friend and has been for way longer than we've been dating." I start with. I'm just gonna be straight up with her.

"I just don't like how jealous you've become and how possessive. I mean, we come back from summer, after spending everyday together, and you expected me to not sit with my friends or make plans with them because you wanted alone time. and I totally get the alone time thing, but you gotta learn that, I'm not gonna spend every waking moment with you and that my friends are people I love being around and you're trying to control that or take those times away. all I'm trying to say is that, you need to let me live my life too. let me do the things I want with the people I wanna do them with, with or without you, and you gotta trust me on things like being alone with erica." I finish with.

she just looks up at me and nods. "you're right. I'm sorry I've been acting so jealous and selfish lately. corbyn I hate that I made you feel like you can't hang out with your friend so I'm also sorry for that."

I mean I'm not sure if I believe things will change but I'm willing to give her another chance. so I smile at her and pull her in closer, kissing her in her lips.

erica

I finished changing and man am I ever glad to get out of that uniform. I'm also glad to have had some sort of romantic moment with corbyn earlier. I mean he stared at me in a way no guy has ever looked at me. it made me think that maybe he might have some sort of feelings that he just doesn't know of yet. maybe?

I leave the change room and look ahead of me to see corbyn and madison kissing. well there goes that thought.

"to be honest, I always thought you two would be cuter" I hear someone say behind me and I turn to meet ashley.

"haha hey ash it's been awhile, how've you been" I say pulling her into a hug.

" eh, I've definitely been better" she says while nodding.

"ah erica there you are. I just wanted to come over and say that you were killing it out there, I loved it" saskia says approaching us. after talking for a little bit, corbyn then approached us, out of his uniform, with his arm around madison. I watch as saskia rolls her eyes and I giggle to myself.

"hey ladies, and jordan." he says smiling big.

"ew, go back to where you came from" ashley says scoffing at corbyn.

"you go back to where you came from, midget."

"ugly duckling"

"ok you two that's enough" saskia says laughing at how childish her kids were.

"oh ric, daniel told me to tell you we're all heading to his place now if you wanna come"

"sure, I'll just have to tell my grandma"

"alright, sweet. we should get going though, do you need a ride?"

"ummmm yea cause alyssa was my ride but it seems she left"

"you know babe, I'm just gonna head home, I'm feeling kinda tired" madison cuts in.

"you sure babe? you want me to come with you?" corbyn replies.

"no no you go, have fun" she says kissing him on the cheek, waving at the rest of us then walking away. thank god she won't be there.

me and corbyn say our goodbyes to his family and walk over to his car. grandma jones said I was good to go as long as I have my key in case she's asleep when I get back. with that we head over to daniels house where the rest are.

-
authors note

I think corbyn just had a moment of realization🤭

also please they are literally so cute DKM😭

anyways WE HIT 1K READS AND OMG I AM SO THANKFUL FOR Y'ALL!! TAHNK YOU SO SO MUCH❤️