23: oh im sorry

corbyn

I woke up in the morning before jack so I took this opportunity to get ready first and pack my things. we leave today and I don't want to be in a rush later.

when I came out of the washroom, jack was sitting up on his bed and instantly looked up at me. he got out of his bed and rushed over to me and gave me a hug. I was shocked but eventually hugged back.

"I hate myself for thinking that you didn't care about our friendship, I'm a fucking idiot and I'm sorry man" he said looking me straight in the eyes. I know he means it and I'm tired of having my best friend mad at me.

"don't worry man it's all good, miscommunication."

"nah man I was an idiot. me, of all people, should've known that you're father was the issue. me or erica"

"yea well she's still pissed"

"tell her what you told me"

"yea I guess. anyways I'll leave you to pack your things, since I already finished."

"where you going?"

"just wanna walk around outside, clear my head"

"alright man, just remember what time we gotta be on the bus"

I nod at him and go out the room. at the same time, erica is exiting her room and we stare at each other. fuck I miss her but she's not being fair. so I just look at her, with no emotion, then walk away outside.

erica

as I was leaving my room, corbyn left his at the same time, causing us to stare at each other instantly. I miss him so much but I'm still hurt. I wanna let him explain but alyssa keeps telling me I need to "stand my ground".

we continued to stare, when he then walks off, down the stairs. I wonder where he's going?

after I get washed and dressed I start packing. before I know it, wits already time we board the bus. when we walk out of our rooms, I notice only jack walks out of his and corbyns room. where did that boy go?

we go downstairs, give the keys back and board the bus. once everyone is sitting down, the teacher who was chaperoning, goes to make an announcement. everyone quieted down so she was heard.

"alright listen up, is everyone here?" ms. turner asks.

everyone is silent other than the few mumbles as the principal looks around.

"where's mr. besson" principal lester asks. I've been wondering the same.

there's silence again

"erica, where's corbyn?" ms turner calls me out. great.

"how should I know" I respond with.

"ok then who was the last person to see mr. besson"

"probably me" jack cuts in. makes sense.

"ok, did he say he was going anywhere?"

"he said he wanted to walk around and clear his head before we had to leave" jack says

"well can someone call him? ms. jones?" principal lester says, calling me out again.

"uhh sure I guess"

I look for corbyns contact and call him. he declines after one ring. well damn.

"went straight to voicemail"

"then the rest of you in your group, try calling him" the principal says to us. we all look at each other before they all tried and he didn't answer one of them. then jack called him