Chapter 21

Ruv's POV :

When the ambulance came, Sarv was in a lot of pain and I had to support her or else she would collapse on the ground in pain because her legs were too weak. She kept groaning " hey shhhh it'll be k" I said rubbing her on the back. So me and the paramedics helped Sarv to get on the stretcher and it was hard because firstly it was quite high and secondly Sarv was afraid that she would fall and hurt the baby if she tried to get on the stretcher. But after a lot of coaxing and encouragement, we managed to get Sarv on it at long last, and by getting her on the stretcher I meant that I had to carry her bridal style and put her down gently. But Sarv was mad at me because she doesn't want me to carry her anymore, because since she was 9 months pregnant, she was scared that I would drop her, so she just crossed her arms and ignored me, I sighed " look sarv we had no other choice and I had to do it, k? Look I'm sorry" I said as she was put into the ambulance. Sarvs hand reached out and grabbed mine " OK, I'm sorry too Ruv, it's not easy being pregnant, you can get cranky really easy" she said, putting her other hand on her bump. I nodded " that's understandable as I had seen you get cranky over these last few months" I said. " oww" she said, wincing as she bent over, I put my hand on her back " hey shh it'll be OK, its just the contractions, whatever you do, don't push" I said, rubbing her back. " but I want toooo I have  the urge to" said sarv, panting. " well the paramedics told me that you shouldn't push until they tell you so just hold it in for a little longer" I said. After a few minutes, we arrived at the hospital and sarv somehow managed to not push as I was distracting her and telling her what we would do to the baby when it's born. So Sarv was wheeled in by the paramedics and I followed on after them, we were in such a rush that I had to run to keep up with them. Sarv started her moaning again, and I was getting worried that she was going to push, but thankfully we made it to the labour ward. Sarv was rushed into a room and the nurses set up the room for the delivery, while they were doing that, a nurse came up to us, " hi I'm Jenna and I will be your midwife" she said, " nice to meet you Jenna but I can feel the baby coming please can we start delivering because I can't wait anymore" said sarv, clutching her bump " of course, now that it's all set up, we're ready to go" said Jenna. So I stayed by Sarv and held her hand while Jenna told Sarv to start pushing, "eughhhhhhhh" said sarv, panting after every attempt to push, I rubbed her head " it'll be OK, Sarv" I said, trying to comfort her, " keep pushing Sarv, your doing great" said jenna. Sarv was panting and there were beads of sweat rolling down her forehead, so I used my jacket to wipe them off. After a few minutes the midwife said that she could see the top of the baby's head, Sarv smiled weakly, " well done, we're nearly there" I said, Sarv was gripping my hand so tightly and I never thought she could be that strong. Eventually we heard a cry, and my heart leapt, that was my child! I immediately felt dizzy, it was so hard to take it all in, " one more push" said the midwife, and sarv pushed so hard that she screamed in pain. I rubbed her head and then the baby was born, I got called over to cut the umbilical cord, my heart was beating so fast, I still can't believe that I was a father. Then I saw the baby, it was white in colour which was similar to selever, his face was scrunched up crying and his fists were clentched. My hands were shaking when I was cutting the umbilical cord, " congratulations on your arrival! It's a boy" said the midwife, " oh thanks so much for delivering him for us" said sarv, in tears herself. I was so happy even though I didn't show it, so the nurse wrapped the baby in a blanket and gave him to me. It was awkward holding him as I had never held a baby before, but the nurse showed me how to hold him and to support his head properly. Once he was in my arms safely, I was so happy, little selever was already asleep in my arms and he was sucking his tiny thumb. That really melted my heart, and I thought that nothing could do that to me, once the umbilical cord was pushed out, I gave the baby to sarv  " awww look at the little angel" said sarv, holding the baby gently and rubbing his head. " do you know what to name him?" said jenna, " yes we do, we're going to name him selever" said sarv smiling at her baby. " aww what a nice name" she said, " well I got to go, I must give you some privacy as a family" she said before disappearing. " Ruv... I can't believe that we actually have a baby!! This is so exciting!" she said, smiling up at me " I know, congrats Sarv, now we have our own selever" I said, attempting to grin at her. I then had to leave to give Sarv some privacy with her baby, today was such a special milestone on having our first baby, it was such a gift to see Sarv so happy after all those months of hardship. I breathed out a sigh of relief, from now on, I was a dad.

A//N: OK so I know this is what y'all were waiting for hehe  well there you go, and sorry if I gave you any nosebleeds