Chapter 34

(Warning; This chapter contains Mature content. Read at own risk.)

The wine is sweet on my tongue, and I drink two glasses by the time that Nesta appears. Her face holds no emotion as she enters the room, and the once bustling room goes quiet as she makes her appearance.

I'm once again struck by her beauty-her face crafted to perfection. Her high cheekbones and ethereal eyes would make her stand out in any crowd-but my eyes are immediately drawn to the dark blue dress that clings to her waist, showing of her curves before falling towards the floor in a sea of blue silk.

Her hair was tied neatly behind her head, and she looked calculatingly around the room as she walked in. One look at Cassian told me all I needed to know as his jaw nearly hit the floor, his eyes wide as he stares unabashedly at Nesta.

But she ignored his intense stare, choosing instead to stare directly at Feyre, her grey eyes not even blinking as she makes her way towards us. I tense as she walks deeper into the room, Azriel's arm tightening around me as Mor bounds forward.

"Where did that dress come from?" Mor demands, her own red dress flowing behind her as she approaches my sister, causing her to stop short. She ignores the way my sister's back stiffens, pretending not to notice the ice in Nesta's stare as she grips onto the dress, the fabric moving between her fingers. "I want one." She muses, her eyes flicking up to meet Feyre's.

Feyre smiles softly, moving forward. "I assume my mate dug it up somewhere." Feyre says, her head moving towards her mate who was poised over the table next to me, his hand positioned over a bottle of wine as he, along with Cassian, pretending not to be listening to every word of the conversation.

"He gets all the credit for clothes." Mor complains sourly. "And he never tells me where he finds them. He still won't tell me where he found Feyre's dress for Starfall. Bastard." Mor throws a mock glare towards the male in question, and Rhys only laughs at the words.

Cassian on the other hand, doesn't even blink, his eyes still trained on the girl who hasn't even spared a look his way. "It's a good thing we're not the same size-or else I might be tempted to steal that dress." Mor sighs, dropping the fabric in her hand and taking a step back.

"Likely right off her." Cassian murmurs under his breath, and I elbow him in the side as Mor sends him a wide smirk. When I turned back towards the three girls, I took in Nesta's stoic face, her eyes that were currently taking in every inch of Mor's dress.

She looked away for a moment, her hands clenched tightly at her sides. "Fortunately for you, I don't return the sentiment."

Azriel chokes on his wine, his face turning red as I roll my eyes. Nesta doesn't so much as look my way as she takes a seat at the table, her face void of any emotion. Mor sighs loudly, turning around to grab one of the bottles of wine off of the table.

"I think we're going to need a lot more wine." Mor drawls, and I watch as Nesta tenses at the suggestion. Cassian climbs to his feet, already moving towards the hallway.

"I'll raid the collection." He sighs loudly, and I wince, watching as Nesta once again tenses, her eyes narrowing towards the male. Feyre notices the look and reaches forward to touch her hand gently.

She says something too low to hear, and I turn my head, grabbing Azriel's arm and tugging him towards the table. We sit at the far end of the table, my eyes focused on Amren as she slides into the chair across from my sister a moment before Cassian returns, three bottles of wine in his hands.

He drops one of the bottles down in front of me, and I wince as the glass hits the table, Azriel already reaching for it. "You're a real piece of work." My head snaps up at the words, and I try not to let my shock show as Amren leans forward onto the table, her silver eyes focused on Nesta.