Chapter 40

**I do not own the images shown** (These were the inspirations to Dahlia's dress)

The meeting was in two days.

Feyre and Rhysand dispatched Azriel to send out the new dates for the meeting, and I was alight with nerves as the meeting draws closer. Idris and Roma help me with everything from the numbers we have to supply in the war to the dress I would be wearing for the meeting.

It's no surprise spot Mor chose for the meeting was instantly rejected, and thus began the daunting task of picking a place that everyone could agree on. Summer and Spring still hadn't responded to the messages they had no doubt received, and while I wasn't surprised Tamlin hadn't responded, I had hoped that since we had aided the High Lord of Summer with his attack that he would at least show up.

A place was finally decided on the night before the meeting was meant to take place—the Dawn Court. Idris took it upon herself to familiarize herself with every square inch of the Dawn Court's palace, Azriel and Cassian doing the same in preparation for the meeting.

Every possible exit was memorized and committed to memory, and the tension in the air was palpable as everyone went over the plans if anything went south. Idris and Roma were obviously coming with me—and Rhys had agreed to tell me when everyone had shown up to meeting, so I knew when to make my entrance.

I barely slept that night—my mind refusing to keep quiet for even a second. I'm awake when the sun rises in the morning, and I sigh as I swing my legs over the edge of the bed, running my hand across my face.

Azriel had left at some point in the night to go check in on his spies and to prepare for the meeting. I imagine that by now he's back in the house.

I sigh as I get out of bed, walking over to the wardrobe. I grimace at my options to wear—none of them really saying 'princess'. I should have asked Feyre if she had anything, but it's too late now.

I choose one of the dresses I had packed from the island, placing it on the bed. I turn towards the bathroom to get a bath started when I hear a knock on the door. When I open the door, I'm not surprised to see Roma standing on the other side, and I sigh, running a hand through my hair.

"Yes I'm awake, give me an hour and I'll be ready." I tell her, and she smiles removing her hands that were previously behind her back to reveal a bundle of cloth and a small box.

"It's from Titus. A gift for today." She tells me, and I crease my brows in confusion, taking the box and the bundle from her hands. She sends me a wink as she turn to leave, waving a hand in the air. "There's still three hours until the meeting. Take your time princess."

Her hips sway as she walks down the hall, and I smile, shaking my head as I move back into the room. I close the door behind me with my foot, and I drop the box onto the bed, opening up the bundle first. I smile when I see what's inside, pulling it out completely before resting it on the bed.

I make sure to take my time getting ready, scrubbing off any residue that may be left over from the battle in Adriata. I slip on the dress after I'm done, the fabric flowing to the ground in gentle waves.

I don't bother attempting to do anything fancy with my hair, letting it fall down my back in curled waves. When I walk back to the bed, my eyes fall on the box I had left unopened, and I hesitate before opening, a part of me already knowing what's inside.

Sure enough, as soon as I open the box, I'm met with the decision I've been dreading on facing.

But I make it anyways.