Tʜᴇ Bᴇʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ

A/N: Hello there! This is a royalty AU, completely from Sora's POV. I hope you like it! Please point out any errors I may have with spelling, grammar, etc! That's it, enjoy everyone!

Sora:

I watched as the prince went down the street, girls and boys alike practically fainting as he sent a wink their way. I just rolled my eyes.  "I don't get why you guys fawn over him," I said to my friends, who had dragged me along to literally see him riding down the street in a limo.

"Because!  He's the prince, and he's our age, and he's hot," they told me.  Exactly the same excuses as last week.

I scoffed.  "But what's the point of seeing him ride down the street...?" I questioned, to which they all looked at each other, trying to find an answer.

"We're honoring him," Alex finally answered.  I sighed.  This whole town revolved around the royals, and I honestly couldn't care less.  They don't give back to the community, they don't actually interact with the citizens besides a few winks from the prince (with the exception of the rich), and they keep raising taxes.  But everyone ignored the facts because they were living in the same town as the royal family.  I only stayed here for my friends and my job, in which I clean houses.  I wouldn't call myself a maid, more like a person to do chores for the rich and lazy.  It's not like I had to wear a dress or anything, like many people thought.  Eventually I stopped telling people my job because they would always make assumptions.

"I have to go work," I muttered, saying quick goodbyes before I rushed away from my friends, grumbling about the undeserving royals.  Why the hell would people even follow them?

I ran home, grabbed my uniform (which was a suit), and drove over to the house.  I worked for a rich old man that was tight with the royal family, so I would always hear about the latest drama whenever he was on the phone and I was pretending not to listen.  When I got there, a limo was parked in my usual spot.  I sighed.  This wasn't rare, rich people love to hang out with one another and have drinks, so I ignored it and pulled up next to the sidewalk, parking on the road. 

When I got inside, I intended to keep my distance, per usual.  I rarely talked to my employer, Mr. Martin, especially when he was with friends.  I just came in and began cleaning.

I was done with the whole house, which took about two hours.  The person that was here and he had been talking for a long time, but I heard the front door finally shut, so I thought the person had left.  I decided to go downstairs and collect my earnings for the day, so I went down.

As I stepped downstairs, a voice that definitely wasn't Mr. Martin's asked, "Who're you?"

I was a bit surprised to see someone else there, and as I looked, I realized it was... Prince Jaxx?!  "Um... just the house cleaner," I muttered.  "Apologies, I thought that you were Mr. Martin since I heard the door shut."

"Right.  He went outside to check on something or other, I wasn't really listening," he told me.

I stood there, a bit unamused, but I didn't want to let it show.  "Okay... Sorry your highness, I'll be going now," I said, turning around to leave.

"Wait."  I stopped and turned around.  "I didn't know there were male house cleaners."

I gritted my teeth.  "Guess I'm rare," I responded, just wanting to leave. 

"Mhm... And why aren't you in a maid dress or something?" he asked with a smirk, and I could tell he was just teasing me.

I had to take a deep breath.  "Because I don't think that would be appropriate, sir."