Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Cʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs

A/N: Thank you so much for being here, and happy holidays! Merry Christmas everyone! <3

Sora:

I sighed peacefully, my warm breath rising up into the freezing December air. Snow had been falling for a day without stop, covering the grass outside the Squad House completely. I sat out on the porch, taking it in and snuggling into my scarf further. I always loved wintertime.

It was two weeks shy of Christmas, my absolute favorite holiday. Like I said, I loved the wintertime. Something about the cold and the snow was comforting to me in ways I couldn't quite express, and it made everything feel so much happier in life.

The serenity in that moment was incomparable to anything else I had gotten to experience that year. Sitting out on the porch in a jacket and my scarf, along with my favorite pair of blue boots, my nose and cheeks going numb. It was perfection, and the quiet atmosphere made it even better,

Until that perfection got broken by an already annoyed sounding scoff from behind me. I didn't even need to look to know who was standing behind me, looking at me with certain judgement in his eyes. That hadn't changed in a while, unless he was showing me resentment instead.

"I don't understand how you can like it out here. Then again, you are a freak, so maybe it makes sense," the voice behind me said. Wow, what a way to ruin the moment. I clenched my teeth, trying to remember the tranquil feeling I had just moments before.

"If you don't like it, you can go back inside," I snapped, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples, my hands brushing against the woollen beanie I had on my head. If he would just go away then that would be great, but Jaxx had never done anything I had asked of him, so I didn't expect him to listen now.

"Oh, I will. I just wanted to give you the reminder of how weird you are," he told me, saying the word 'weird' with such distaste, like I was the carrier of some disease that made me 'weird'.

I shrugged him off the best I could, annoyance bubbling inside me. Everything Jaxx did annoyed me, and half of the things were to annoy me on purpose anyway. Having to live with him was one of the few downsides of being on The Squad and living in the mansion, and it was my biggest problem as of late. Actually, the colder weather must have made my red-headed rival grumpier, because his attitude towards me had been gradually getting worse and worse the closer Christmas got.

I wondered if he had something against Christmas, but even if he did, it's not like I could be surprised. He was a grouch already, so if you add on being bah humbug to his list it fits. It was kind of sad for me to imagine someone who didn't like Christmas, since I'd always been a Christmas fanatic, as had my parents.

"Y'know, Christmas time is supposed to be something to feel good about, and it's not the time to make other people feel bad. But I guess you just can't help it, hm?" I asked cooly, and I hadn't yet looked at him. I didn't need to, because I could imagine him rolling his eyes.

"What's there to feel good about? Christmas time has never brought me anything but work and misfortune in the past," he argued. Even though his tone was angry, I could hear a touch of sincerity and maybe a little sadness in it. Despite me hating Jaxx, I genuinely felt bad for him if he hadn't had great experiences during Christmas.

Finally, I looked at him. He was wearing a red hoodie, which was a slightly darker color than his hair, baggy black sweatpants, and flannel patterned red and black slippers. At least he was dressed semi-festively, with the red and all.

"Then I guess you need to make some new memories this year," I stated, looking into his eyes, which he rolled at me anyways, turning to head back inside.