Mʏ Wɪsʜ

A/N: Fair warning: this chapter is THE LONGEST YET. Have fun :)

Third Person:

Sitting on the dark wood floor, a red haired boy had a book open to the side of him. He was checking every single direction, trying to make sure that he did this correctly. For months he had been trying to get to this moment, doing every single spell and ritual in the book. He was glad that the author had tucked away supplies in the front of the book, so that he didn't have to travel across the globe to acquire everything he needed.

He got up, preparing to tuck away the book behind others for safe keeping. He couldn't risk anyone else finding it and trying to take it from him. Just before he did, he opened a small drawstring pouch from inside the book, removed one of the two small pieces of rock from inside, and closed it back up carefully before putting it back inside the book.

From the floor he grabbed a small box of matches, took one out, and struck it against the box. A flame lit on the tip of it, and he took a deep breath. He tried to mentally prepare himself for what was about to happen, and held the match under the small piece of rock. Instead of the match burning his fingers or hand at all, all of the heat from it traveled into the rock, making it glow a bright blue color - it was as though it was magic.

In front of him, an odd noise began. It was like running water, but there was no water in sight.  Instead, a portal opened up, and all he could see was a small peek into another realm.  It was all gray, and looked as though it was made of clouds.

Just as he was about to recite the incantation, the one that would complete the spell, he faltered. The words escaped his mind for a split second as he was enraptured in the other realm.

He remembered it quickly, but it was too late. Just as he was starting to shout the five word incantation, "Mageia Pinevma Chorigisi Diastasi Epithymia!" he felt an odd feeling. His feet lifted off the ground, and his being began turning a light shade of gray, including his clothing and every inch of his body. He began to float towards the portal without stopping, and a second later, the room had no one in it. The rock disappeared, breaking into sand, and the match had gone out when it was dropped.

A still silence filled the house, soon going to hold many questions. A missing person's case was filed, but still, the mystery of where Jaxx went wasn't going to be solved for another twenty years...

~

Sora:

I sunk down to the bed, my body racked with sobs. My hands were over my eyes, but that didn't stop tears from pouring down and onto the sheets, sinking into the light fabric. It was like I could feel my heart shattering in my chest, an aching feeling that threatened never to go away.

I had found myself at my parent's house with a few suitcases after everything that had happened over the past few days. I found my boyfriend of two years cheating on me, after I thought that he was going to propose!

My parents had welcomed me back home, trying to comfort me in the best ways they could until I got an apartment. I had spent a few hundred dollars of my money on a last-minute plane ticket to my parent's house, which was across the country from where I lived with my boyfriend. I was glad that I was so far away from him - then he couldn't convince me to stay.

I had blocked his number. He had used another phone, and I quickly declined that call after I knew it was him. He couldn't talk me back into that relationship, not this time.

As I sat there sobbing, all I felt was sheer stupidity. I felt as though I was stupid for thinking that he had ever really loved me, stupid for thinking that our relationship could ever work out. I had felt us drifting apart, and I guess we drifted so far that we became nothing anymore.