Fᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴᴇss

A/N: This is a suggestion by Simp4Simpson

Sora:

I couldn't really think straight. My whole world just stopped spinning. My boyfriend, the one that meant everything to me, had just broken up with me, claiming that it would be better for me.

Okay, it wasn't just out of the blue since he was moving away, but still. We had been dating for two years, and then he just dumped me. He said that it would hurt me less to just get rid of our relationship than trying to do a long-distance one. I did not agree whatsoever.

"Jaxx, you can't just... just walk away from us! Don't I get a say in this?!" I yelled at him in one last effort to talk some sense into him.

He put his hand up, lightly grazing my cheek. "Not this," he told me, sadness burning in his eyes. "You'll thank me. Maybe not now, but some day."

He dropped his hand, tears dripping down his face as he walked away, a bag slung over his back, as well as a suitcase behind him for valuables he wanted to take up to his farm. Where he would stay for God knows how long.

I wanted to quit my job and go with him, but he told me no, and when I tried to buy a plane ticket for myself, he snatched my phone right out of my hands.

Tears spilled down my cheeks as he walked out the door and drove away, me frozen in place. The car rumbled away, and all I could do was feel my knees weaken under me, my stomach going queasy. The one person I really cared about just walked out the door. Why wouldn't he want me going with him? We could've stayed together!

But instead he decided to leave, and as far as I knew, that would be for good.

I knew I wasn't the only person shaken up. Before he left, he was on his friend's YouTube channel, Inquisitormaster. They seemed sad about his departure too, but since I didn't know them that well, it was hard to talk to them and sympathize. It would've been nice if I had known them, but since I didn't, it would just be weird.

So instead I threw myself into my hobbies and work. I started doing extra hours at work and played on Roblox for hours on end when I got home. My Roblox time cut into my sleep schedule so much some nights that I didn't get a wink of sleep, but oh well.

I noticed that Jaxx had unfriended me, kind of pouring salt on the wound. He did about a month after he left, in which time I had taken to trying my hardest to forget about him. But that all failed when I noticed a certain someone missing from my friend's list.

You might be like, "It was just your ex unfriending you, how can one make such a big deal about it?"

Well, I can make a big deal about it when it was the ex I was trying to erase from my life and my brain after him being my whole world, and seeing that his profile disappear from my friends list just reopened his presence in my mind. It was subtle at first, but slowly and surely he became prominent in my thought cycle once again.

And I hated it.

Did I forget to mention that over that month of him going and me being sad, I had gotten in touch with those friends. It was them texting "Hey, how are you?" at first, and we got along really well. So at least I had more people that knew of my existence besides my boss and my landlord.

The fact that he came back into my thoughts wrecked my life again. Now, instead of occasionally not getting much sleep, I barely ever slept at all, causing me to miss work by losing track of time on Roblox (as well as other games) and being too tired for my own good. It wasn't just him - I was super stressed out by work as well.