Tʜᴇ Sᴇᴛ-Uᴘ

Third Person POV:

"Why did you have to be so rude while filming today?!" Sora shouted, stomping into Jaxx's room.

Jaxx rolled his eyes, swiveling his chair so that he could face the cyan-haired boy.  "I think the real question you should be asking is why you're stupid enough to draw fire," Jaxx retorted, making Sora's anger spike.

"At least I can be a decent human being to other people!"

"Clearly those 'other people' don't include me."

"Ugh!"

The two rivals bickered loudly, causing the whole Squad house to hear their angry shouts back and forth.  But this was nothing new.

Since Sora had joined, he and Jaxx had developed a weird hatred for each other.  It was more mellow in videos most of the time, but when it came to real life, they were constantly in one argument or another.  They would find the smallest things to get upset with each other about, and then take aim.

Their ammunition they were firing with?  Insults.

In the beginning of their rivalry, the Squad was able to just roll their eyes at the situation and leave them to figure it out on their own.  But as Alex sat in the room next to where the daily screaming match was taking place, repetitively banging her head onto her desk out of annoyance, it didn't feel like a mere "roll your eyes and move on" situation anymore.

All this arguing between two of her Squad members had gone on too long, and it had definitely gone too far.  Sometimes they would argue two or three times per day, either in front of the whole Squad, or in one of their rooms, where the whole Squad could hear them anyway.

Alex had gotten too annoyed with it though.  On many occasions, Sora would go bursting into Jaxx's room looking for a fight, and then they would both verbally insult each other until one of them stormed out.  And she had to hear every word of it, being in the next room over.  Then again, Jaxx probably did the same thing to Sora, so she felt bad for Charli, who's room was right next to Sora's.

The arguing also had more bad effects than just annoying the hell out of her, as well as everyone else.  It also was bringing down the morale of the place when both Sora and Jaxx were upset and quiet after they fought, bringing everyone else down too.  Plus, the two were always so focused on each other, so when they were filming it was always them just making the other feel bad.

Not to mention the fact that every time Sora or Jaxx tried to talk to someone else, the conversation usually ended up on their rival.  Then they would go on long rants about the other person.

"It's always, 'Sora, Sora, Sora...' or, 'Jaxx, Jaxx, Jaxx...' Alex thought, moving away from the desk to bury her face in her pillow as the two continued to argue, their voices raising impossibly louder than before.

Alex just sat in thought, the soft pillow bent so it covered her ears.  In that moment, drowning out the yelling from the next room over with a pillow and dying of annoyance of the two rivals, it dawned on her - maybe Sora and Jaxx didn't hate each other like they all thought they did.  The constant talking about the other person, the looks they gave each other when they weren't arguing, and just their general infatuation with one another could mean that they really do hate each other, sure, but it could also mean something better.

If her theory was right, then Alex had a new ship that she needed to make sail.  Pronto.

~

The next week (which had been filled with various arguments), she went into Jaxx's room after filming.  He and Sora barely talked during it, so Alex was pretty certain the younger boy wouldn't show up immediately afterwards.