Dɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ Wᴏʀʟᴅs

A/N: You thought.

The vibrant blue sky had a few clouds wafting along it, a nice autumn breeze shaking the trees that began to drop multicolored leaves. The sun shone down upon the vast rolling hills and small buildings, and with the breeze combating it, the weather was beautiful.

A stone road that had horses pulling carriages was lined with small buildings that were mostly shops. The mottled stone of the small cottage-like shops matched the gray stone of the road. Horse's hooves pattered down the street, clomping along with the rhythmic noise the horse shoes made against the stone.

The stone road branched off into dirt roads, which led to the homes of the people that occupied the town. Most of them had large properties and farms, which they either consumed or sold so that they could continue living on their property (it wasn't expensive, though).

At the end of the stone road lay another building. This was a large structure made of smooth stone, towers reaching higher than any other building came close to. A family crest was engraved above the large wooden doors of this castle, the carving being a gift from the townspeople.

This kingdom wasn't large, but it was positive and quaint. The citizens admired their fair rulers, who let them live on property for next to nothing and were generous when it came to holding events within the castle for all to attend, as well as donating money to keep their kingdom functional and clean, especially when it came to putting people up in homes when they couldn't afford the cost themselves.

The kingdom was ruled by a king, queen, and a prince. The prince was the only child of the king and queen, and he was set to take the throne from his parents when he turned 25 and found a suitable partner.

It was an unconventional method of coronating him, seeing as his parents didn't have to die for him to take the throne, and it was at 22 and once he found a partner that he was allowed to take the throne.

He was always told that this was because when he was 22, he became mature enough to rule. When it came to the partner thing, his parents said that was so he could have some help running the kingdom.

The prince was only 19, so he still had a few years before his coronation. He wasn't worried about that at this point.

For a few years, he had been attending kingdom meetings with his parents in attempts to learn what it truly means to be a ruler. He had been attentive, but recently, his mind had been elsewhere.

Every town meeting, he would take the opportunity to scour the crowd, looking for one person in particular. This was a person he didn't know personally, but couldn't take his eyes off of.

It was safe to say that the young prince had developed a crush.

The person he looked for was a young farmhand, who worked on a small farm just outside the castle that he could see from his window. Never once had they spoken, nor had the farmhand ever noticed the prince (to his knowledge). From time to time, he would show up at town meetings, but that was rare. The prince assumed he stayed back to work on the farm, while those that he worked for (who the prince guessed were his parents) came to the meetings.

The prince had become infatuated with the young farmhand, like a teenager would with a celebrity crush. The crush was something he couldn't explain, but couldn't shake, either. He had seldom been interested in anyone else - the farmhand was something of wonder to him.

He thought about the concept of his crush while staring loftily out his window, chin resting on his hand, looking down at the farm that he worked at. He watched from his room, high above the ground, safe from being spotted, as a figure below captured his attention. This person harvested crops, working in the comfortable fall weather.

Sᴏʀᴀxx Oɴᴇ-Sʜᴏᴛsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें