Nᴏᴛ Yᴏᴜʀ Iᴅᴇᴀʟ Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ - Pᴛ. 2

Sora:

The next day, I was super excited, and for two obvious reasons - one, I'd get to see Jaxx again. It had only been a day, but it was like I was high off him, and I couldn't wait to see him again, especially after what had happened the day before. I mean, we kissed! And he likes me! My mind was honestly blown.

Number two - I couldn't wait to meet his friends and just see what life was like for him. He had talked about his friends so often, mostly about them loving to tease each other at any chance they got, but he said they were amazing people as well.

All in all, the thought of going down there and working on our plan with a bunch of other people was really exciting. With their help, I was sure we could pull this off.

There was a problem that had been bothering me though - how were we going to smuggle me out of this terribly bright place, where everyone worshipped me completely? That wouldn't be an easy feat. But I guess I was pretty confident we could manage it. If you haven't noticed, Jaxx and I make a pretty damn good team.

So, as Jaxx came to the castle, dressed casually so he wouldn't draw unwanted attention (outside of the fact that he's literally a demon in the world of angels), I was a ball of nerves. My parents were still asleep, and I made sure that the door opened slowly so it wouldn't make too much noise.

He stepped inside, the dark colors of his clothes contrasting with the very light terrain around him. He offered me a hand. "Ready to go?" he asked.

I nodded, grabbing his hand and walking out with him. "Ready as I'll ever be," I responded nervously, my anxiousness evident.

He gave my hand a little squeeze as he led me down an indirect path that would somehow lead to his world. "Hey, it'll be okay," he told me, offering me a little smile. I returned it, some of my nerves going away just when he looked at me.

We walked and walked, and I didn't talk much to let him focus on where we were going. He led us through a dark forest (well, as dark as you can get with twinkling lights literally everywhere on the path, in the air, and hanging off trees). Honestly, I didn't even know this place existed, much less about thirty minutes - on foot - away from the castle.

The forest actually was really pretty, and even though Jaxx was very focused, I could see some of that break when he looked up at the seemingly endless trees that stretched out above us, the little crystal-looking lights hanging off the branches and reaching down, hanging a few feet above our heads and illuminating our path.

I chuckled. "You might wanna watch where you're going. You could trip," I remarked, and he rolled his eyes, a smile coming onto his face.

"Yeah yeah," he muttered, lightly laughing as he kept walking, a smile on his face.

After a while though, it was inevitable that he looked up again, admiring the beauty of the forest. I was about to make another comment on it when I figured I'd just let him have his moment, and I stayed focused on what was ahead of us. Did this forest ever end?

Suddenly, I felt Jaxx stumble, and I quickly caught him, one hand going on his back to keep him up and the other still holding his hand.

I couldn't suppress a smirk. "What did I say?" I asked teasingly.

He smiled a bit sheepishly, looking at our feet. I looked down too, and saw that he tripped over a tree root. "You were right," he sighed, though I could still hear a tone of playfulness to it. It looked like he was about to say something else when we both realized how cliche this situation was, and quickly both blushed.

"Erm..." I mumbled.

After he stopped blushing, he took the other way through this situation. Instead of being all shy like I chose to be, he became flirtatious, standing up straight and quickly reminding me that he was taller than me when I had to look slightly up. "What, nervous?" he asked teasingly, a hand going under my chin. "Why? I mean, you were the one who called me babe yesterday."