Rɪᴠᴀʟᴇᴅ Kɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍs

A/N: This is a kingdom and fantasy AU.
TW: Mentions of self harm and suicide! I'm sorry if you're not comfortable with that.

Sora:

I guess it was kind of a sad life that I had. At least, sad for the Ice Prince. I knew a lot of people would give anything to be me, but I was so depressed. I had literally no friends. All I did all day, every day, was sit up in my room alone. 

I tried not to live up to the 'snobby prince' stereotype, so I was always nice to the cleaners and servants that came in and out of my room to check up on me. They were the only people I had, so why not be nice?

I knew that my parents were worried about me sitting around all day, but they couldn't do anything. The only time I ever got up was to go down to the border between my kingdom, the Ice Kingdom, and the Fire Kingdom. Our kingdom and the Fire Kingdom always had quite the rivalry. No one within them had ever gotten along ever since the land had split and there was a war between fire and ice. In the war, there was no clear winner. We both had been beaten up so bad that the war had just ended, we all stopped attacking. Ever since we had been trying to figure out ways to take over the other's land, but neither kingdom had been successful.

Anyway, with our kingdoms always butting heads and the people never getting along, this Fire Kingdom guy that always came to the lake I loved to go to that was half frozen and half hot spring (with it going in-between the borders and all) and I never got along. But the lake was practically in my backyard, so it was hard not to visit.

We met when we were young children, about five. I was ice skating on the lake, and he was playing in the hot spring. We conversed, me on my side and him on his, and we were friends at first. We actually got along really well, for about two years. During that time, I had learned that he was a prince too. The Fire Prince, Prince Jaxx. What a coincidence. 

Then, when we turned seven, we had started learning that one another's kingdoms were bad, and started fighting.  I remember him saying to me, "I heard that your kingdom's people are bad.  Are you bad too?"

I tried defending myself, which led to an argument.  An argument that led to the destruction of our friendship. 

Now we're both seventeen.  I still went to the lake, and so did he.  We often bumped into each other, and when we did, we would sit there and make snide remarks and fire off insults until one of us had to go.  That's how it was for ten years, and on this day, ten months before I turned eighteen, it was no different going in.  We both resented each other.

Right, I forgot to mention the significance of me turning eighteen.  In short, my coronation is on my birthday, and my parents require me to find a suitable partner by then.  They know I'm gay, so I guess it's better than them thinking I need to find a girl, only for me to bring home a boy.  God, that would take some explaining.

Anyways, I was starting to get stressed out. I knew it was still ten months away, but if I really wanted to find someone and actually like them, I should get to know them.  And that means I needed a few months, and the more the better.  So I needed to get on finding someone.

Unfortunately for me, I had literally no friends and knew no one.  Well, except Jaxx, but... hah, yeah right.  He's straight.  Plus, he'd never like me like that, even if I don't hate him as much as one would think.  Or if I don't hate him at all.

Okay, enough of that.  I really don't feel like pouring my heart out at the moment about my feelings for Jaxx, so we'll get back to my actual life. 

As I got to the lake, he wasn't there.  I silently thanked God and yet cursed him at the same time.  I mean, arguing with Jaxx was the highlight of my days.  Yes, that is kind of sad, but it's not like I had anything else to look forward to.