Nᴏᴛ Yᴏᴜʀ Iᴅᴇᴀʟ Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ - Pᴛ. 1

A/N: Another royalty AU, but I just seem to love those, don't I?
Thanks for being here, you all are amazingly beautiful people, inside and out!

Sora:

All throughout my life, I was gawked at like I belonged in a museum. Everyone in the kingdom, outside of it, travelers, people passing through, even demons, acted the same when they saw me. Well, I knew the demons had to bow and be respectful unless they wanted to get banished and humiliated, but still.

Since as long as I can remember, whenever I was walking down the street or really doing any normal thing outside, people would point, whisper, ask for autographs, run up to me and start freaking out, or just stare. So I never went outside anymore.

When I was a kid and in school, I used to try and make friends, but I was always singled out and never allowed to mingle with the other angel kids. So I started getting homeschooled.

It's evident that, yes, I was treated very differently. Like royalty.

Well, that's because I am royalty, but sometimes being royalty isn't as great as people think it is. All my life I'd just wanted to be treated normally, to be able to have friends I could hang out with, to just have a normal conversation with someone, and not have people bowing to me everywhere I went.

You could say I was different, and I don't just mean because of this treatment. My thoughts weren't some that most people would associate with the Angel Prince, with the large, glowing yellow halo that floated above my head or the huge pair of sparkly white and golden wings that sprouted out of my back.

Instead of thinking about peace and values, as well as liking angel kind, my views always aligned with more of the demon's side. Fire, destruction, freedom - all things I had dreamed about and yet had never been able to attain.

When I saw demons, they wouldn't gasp like everyone else and bow like their lives depended on it - they would give me an uninterested glace, bow respectfully, and not make conversation. That treatment was better than anything else anyone gave me in my opinion, because it didn't entail blabbering about how great I was, or nervously trying to compose themselves. They just... didn't fawn over me, and I thought it was perfect.

My thoughts about style even lined up with demons'. Angels all dressed in white clothes from head to toe, and along with the white buildings and white, cloud-like terrain, it became insufferable to look at. All the brightness honestly hurt my head, which is why I usually shut myself in my room with the white door, white walls, white carpet, and white bed with white sheets, and turned off the lights from the golden chandelier. Then I could finally have some darkness and peace.

In contrast, the demons all dressed in loose clothes with the actual choice of what colors they wore (although they usually kept it pretty dark). Instead of halos they had horns, instead of shining white wings they had big dark ones, and instead of bland old glowy sparkles trailing after them everywhere they went, they had cool looking spiky tails.

I desperately wanted to become a demon. It would get me out of my life, and with the people who wouldn't treat me differently. Who knows - I could actually find friends down in the demon world, where I would be free to be me...

Now, you're probably wondering, "But Sora, what about your parents? Do they treat you differently?"

They treat me like their kid. They're both good people, but very stressed with running a kingdom and trying to keep everyone happy, so I barely ever get to talk to them anymore. When I do, my mom usually brings up finding a partner, and my dad is usually way too tired to piece together a coherent response.