"Sɪᴍᴘ!"

Sora:

Everything was just as normal as ever in the squad. Everyone argued, everyone flirted, we all had a blast. See, normal, at least for us. I was always the most flirtatious one since I joined, and everyone knew it. But they were all slightly surprised when I had taken an interest in flirting with Jaxx. Sure, we had been rivals in the past, and we still were.

When I started showing an interest in him, the squad took it as an invitation to run away with us flirting. Or, more specifically, me flirting and him getting embarrassed. "Oooh, here comes the new couple in the house!" they teased, and when we all went to bed and Jaxx and I headed up to our shared room, they would say in sing-song voices, "Don't be too loud tonight you two~"

I didn't regret flirting with him though - it was so much better to make him blush than make us both argue and yell at each other until our throats hurt. And I'm sure the squad appreciated not hearing us both scream curses and insults at each other until three in the morning. I honestly had feelings for him, and after I started breaking down into tears after our fights (not that I would ever admit that to anyone in The Squad), I decided to try a new approach with him. Flirting just happened to be something I did with everyone else, so it was easy.

Anyways, it was so fun seeing Jaxx blush and hear his reactions after every flirtatious remark I made. I oftentimes couldn't keep in a laugh, and that went for many other squad members as well. He was starting to get used to it too, and even flirted back at times. It was those times I felt heat rise to my cheeks and felt like falling back in embarrassment like he does a lot, but I knew I couldn't show the other squad members that I actually got flustered from him when I started the flirting in the first place.

Unfortunately, their teasing got to the point of plainly targeting me and my feelings, even when I didn't want to show them. Causing me to slip up and blush, many times.

For example, we were just finishing up a movie one night when Jaxx fell asleep on the couch next to me. No, his head didn't fall on my shoulder or lap or anything like that, I was just looking at him. He looked so peaceful, he was honestly so adorable when he was sleeping, as always...

"Looks like we have two simps in the Squad House," Zach remarked, causing everyone else to chuckle. Well, except for Charli. I could tell she was about to yell her trademark line, "I'm not a simp!" but I think she left that to me.

"Wh-what?! I'm not a simp!" I shouted at them, which got them all to laugh again. I then reminded myself that I should watch my volume for the sleeping red-headed boy next to me.

Jade laughed the loudest, per usual. "Sure you aren't," she said sarcastically.

Everyone started to get up, still laughing as they left me trying to figure out what to do with Jaxx. I should probably try to get him upstairs, but I knew I couldn't pick him up and carry him on my own without waking him up...

So I decided on scooting closer and poking him lightly in the arm. "Jaxx," I said, not too loudly to not startle him. But he kept sleeping. "Jaxx!" I shouted, and he woke up.

"Hm?" he hummed tiredly, rubbing his eyes and yawned a little.

He usually didn't act this adorable, and I giggled. "Wow, you're acting soft."

"Mhm... Just let me sleep, idiot," he muttered, starting to get up, but stumbling back a little from tiredness.

I chucked, and he shot me a scowl. "I'm sorry, you're just so cute sometimes," I told him, and his eyes went wide.

He seemed to be more awake by now. "No one's around, you can drop the act," he reminded me. "I know it's all the flirting is."

He was about to get up again when I yanked the arm that was supporting his body out from under him with a smirk, making him fall back down. I took the opportunity to lean over him slightly. "Really? Then why did I just flirt with you when everyone else was gone?"