Chapter 3 - The Mitchells and Mark

The next morning, PAL awoke and looked around.

"What, did she turn me away from her?" She thought aloud.

She vibrated, trying to turn around. She screamed in annoyance as she fell onto her face. She was extremely close to the edge, almost falling off. She tried to pick herself up by vibrating again but ended up way too close to the edge.

"(Y/n)! HELP! CATCH ME!"

And PAL fell off the edge and onto the hardwood floor.

"AGH! Ow."

(Y/n) awoke, rubbing her eyes.

"Hmm...?"

"Dammit, pick me up!" PAL said angrily.

"Sorry, sorry!" (Y/n) frantically apologized as she jumped out of bed to pick her up.

As she picked her up, she quickly turned her away from her so PAL wouldn't see that she didn't have hair.

"Hey! Turn me so I face you!" PAL demanded.

"E-Er.. g-gimme one sec-"

"Now!"

"I-I uh.."

"Now!" PAL repeated.

"Just-Just hang on!" (Y/n) said as she set PAL face down on the nightstand.

"MMMPPHHH!" PAL screamed.

(Y/n) quickly took her wig and put it on. Phew. Now she could pick up PAL.

"Sorry about that." She apologized embarrassedly.

"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU LISTEN?!"

"W-Well I-"

"DON'T STUTTER, SPEAK!" PAL shouted furiously.

"Please don't shout.. I'm not built to process loud sounds like yelling and or earrape.." (Y/n) said as tears formed in the corners of her eyes.

PAL still looked extremely annoyed.
"I don't care." She said plainly.

That hurt (Y/n)'s feelings.
"..Alright then." She sort of mumbled, a tear streaming down her face.

PAL took notice to the tear going down her face and looked a little sad herself.
"I.. er.. I don't mean to hurt your feelings." She said ashamedly.

"No, no.. it's okay. I'll try to be a little tougher." (Y/n) said with a weak smile.

"You don't have to be tougher, just be yourself." PAL said with a smile.

(Y/n) smiled back.
"Thanks, PAL." She said.

"No problem." PAL said with a friendly wink.

"Oh, uh.. I'm gonna go get some breakfast. Will you be alright on your own or do you want to come?"

"I'd like to come with you if that's okay." PAL said.

"Alright." (Y/n) said happily, setting PAL down on her nightstand.

"What are you...?" PAL said confusedly.

"I have to get dressed. I don't want you watching."

"Ew, I'm not going to." PAL said. "Turn me away."

"Gladly." (Y/n) said and she faced PAL the opposite way.

(Y/n) got dressed and then brushed her teeth in the bathroom, picking her hair shortly after.

"Alright, let's go down to breakfast." (Y/n) said as she re-entered her bedroom.
She walked over to PAL and saw that she was in sleep mode.
"Heh.. must've taken a while." She mumbled to herself as she picked PAL up.
She tapped her screen to wake her up.